Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Sunday morn finds 2-1-2009

Went out for a quickie this morn. Went back to a spot I dug in the begining of last year Now at the depth of just over 2 ft I have a good idea what the broken base is But the complete I am not to sure maybe just an odd ball the flint is still coming out below 2 ft Here is the pic

Photobucket

Photobucket

Re: Sunday morn finds 2-1-2009

That base is fluted aint it?

Could the one on the top right be some type of knife?

Yessir Leonard, that base is fluted, and you just might be getting close to a hot spot, so keep diggin that area. The other point could be a small knife, or a uni-barb style(intentionally made that way with only ONE shoulder or barb. I have several like that.

Did you realize that was me that asked that Mike?

Hey Is it 1/2 time? or sumtin In one of the pics the little corner of a base is also ground and has fluting The camp is not consistant in what falls out.
Paleo to Bird points what a mess.

Leonard, at least you have some variety going on,.....and you know what they say about variety!
YO DJ, Yeah I knew it was you that asked that! Check your E-mail friend, I just sent you a notice!!

Kinda far away but could the odd ball a sandia? All opinions respected but possibly ignored.

Probably just a Plainview, but if it were a Sandia, I would find it No stranger than a Yuma found in Eastern N.M., or a Sedalia found in N.E. Texas, as Both have happened!

I like the knife concept. The blurry effect from the frost on the camera lens makes the flaking really stand out. Looks "large" on the barbed side, itty bitty delicate on the meat cutter side [ for itty bitty lizard steaks ? ]

What a time frame, PALEO to LAST YEAR ! [ assuming you would use a fairly new, clean quarter ! ]