Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nacho's

Going to try out Nacho's here pretty quick. Melvin (fellow surface hunter) called him this afternoon and seems like the Andice is the point of the day. Nacho told him they found 85 in various states (broken to whole) . I don't know Nacho, so I'm curious what his track records is as far as believability. Is he a straight shooter or a used car salesman?

Re: Nacho's

Well, I don't know Nacho, but I do know they have been finding alot of Andice at his location from people posting their finds.

Teh, I do know Nacho, and he would not steer you wrong and he is a good guy. Yes, Now is the time to get in on the dig at Barksdale. Lots of whole big Pedernales coming up, and now Andice and Bells. I have also given a similar notice to DJ. I live only 8 miles from the dig.

NACHO IS GOOD TO GO TRUST HIM COMPLETELY

Appreciate it. When Melvin talked to him this afternoon Nacho told him they had found 38 perfect points yesterday. Figure if I'm gonna get into the sifting/digging aspect I better get started. Surface hunting this time of year gets a little bit risky, drunk hunters and such. I never liked the thought of a lead enema.
Sounds like weekdays are a little less crowded.
Thanks
Tehuacana

We didnt see any andices when we sifted.The closest we came to an andice was a broken calf creek base with broken ears.The only two hole points i found was a re-worked marshal and a tortuga.

Sounds like a day surface hunting. Find many broke points? I know nothings guaranteed, but beings our first time away from surface hunting, even a broken point is better then nothing.

When did you go Drew?

Here is a little info about this dig. When I went at the last of Nov. the dig was only 1 week old, so I was more less in at the front, which is Good if it is Hot right of the bat. Alot of stuff was coming up, but the majority of it was broken. It didn't take too long to figure out that we were more less in the camp refuse area of Hafting area where they were hafting new points and discarding the broke and damaged ones. This is at the Northeast edge of the site. This site has progressively gotten better moving/ digging to the Southwest towards the cabin, and the tree grove. So, by now they are pretty close to the tree grove which is probably near the heart of the site. When you dig a site like this one with heavy equipment, you have to have a method to the maddness starting at one edge and slowly moving across to wherever you think it goes. There is no real rise to this site in the since of a mound structure. Everything terrain wise was pretty flat, with occasional patches of burnt rock showing through. So digging the site to start with is alot like a las vegas craps shoot. You simply cannot predict where you are within the encampment, but you learn where you are as the dig progresses. So it would seem that where they are right now is an area where many points were made or stowed and ultimately left behind. I would go again tomorrow if I had the extra $ that wasn't needed for bills, etc. Several people have commented that I have an inside edge because I'm only 8 miles from the dig. Yeah, I can almost taste it from our mountain top, but you know how it is with time and money, they just don't come together often enough!

Nacho told Melvin they probably had about a years worth of digging there. So hopefully we'll find something. We're shooting for week after next. This weekend I think they're predicting rain. Bosslady don't like getting wet and cold.

Well, they have predicted rain here also, and numerous times within the last 3 months, but little to none has happened. It's so dry here you could pass gas walking down the county road and still leave a dust cloud(let alone driving it)! Hope that you don't get a windy day at the dig, as it's alot like a west texas sand storm! Maybe I will have some dig money by then? Going to work on it anyway.

Hey Mike
We're kind of looking at the 16th. Government holiday so the wife is off. Hadn't thought of the wind. The red sand here gets to blowing real bad. So weather permitting, we'll be there. Got to spend some of our money before we make our semi-annual donation to the Coushatta Indians in Louisiana. Or Uncle Sam. Mabbe see you there.

Te, I suggest BEFORE you take your back pack of money to the gamming tables, visit the gift shop. . .
The biggest win I had was the Coushata patch emblem of the Gar.

That would have looked good glued to a gorget !

iwent in december.we found alot of broken points.

Sheesh SH, they oughta give me one of this gar patches, I've lost enough money there that I should have a whole section of slots named after me.