Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Post Your First Find

I'm sure this has been done before, but I figured I'd give ya'll a reason to post some pics. Found my first in a plowed field in Georgia when I was fifteen. Don't know exactly where I was at.

Photobucket

Re: Post Your First Find

Here we go..... 4 inches below the surface (obviously washed down the slope of the site to its resting place)....first time actually diggin and not just walkin the surface.

Photobucket

Not my first find but it is the frst complete find Now that you mention it not sure what happened to the first broken artifact I found

Photobucket

Don't have a pic of it by itself, but it is the one on the bottom left. Hard to see but it has a red vein in it.
surface find
Photobucket

Dj From Sanderson?

Yes sir! Going again Feb. 20th

Can barely see the red line pretty sharp for first finds. were you looking or was it an accident?

leonard this is a trip , i swear i have the twin to ur first fing , and mine happens to be my first find , except mine has a very crude flute up one side

Stumbled upon some burnt rock above the ground and started looking. Back then I didn't know what a midden was, but knew all the rock I found in a circle in the middle of nowhere was man made. Ask Hal how hard it is to drive into my place, and how far off the main road it is. It's the perfect spot to look at stars at night because there is no lights. Negative thing about it is if you get hurt or bit by a snake and

would you rather get hurt or bit by a snake there. Than be at work or sumtin close to a job thing. I would rather be killed or mamed having fun than doing something I dont want to be doing. DJ is there any clear area to land a small cessna 172 To be safe 1200 ft of runway would be needed A paved surface with full fuel and max payload takes about 990 ft but you can never tell about all the varibles in the equation.

Chris, Nice find for a young guy but the time line might leave some people curious how old the point is , Was that 15 in 1938
or 2008 ?

My closest for a first was posted years ago under another topic, story is unchanged.

I was very young at the time also.
Pic not very good, but what looks to be the most complete is actually 1/2 epoxy.
Michelle & I were walking a quite wide creek area where the water was fast flowing about 6 inches deep.
Michelle said " hey, look at this, an arrow head scooting along like a leaf "
I ran over and marveled, then music to my young ears, she said " YOU CAN HAVE IT "

WOW, WHAT A DAY !

Photobucket

It seems months before I found a " complete ", beat to hell find. Meanwhile I glued wire frames to some to see what a complete might actually look like.

You could clear out a spot big enough to land a plane. My dad's uncle flies his plane to his land, which is about 10 miles from ours.

Hal, I found that point ten years ago. I found two others that day.
Photobucket
Photobucket

After that I didn't have anywhere to hunt in Texas. It wasn't until about the summer of 07 that I found these two in Stewart's Creek.
Gary
Photobucket

Maybe a post could get started what were you doing when you found the first point. I bet most flint junkies were not looking.

this was my first. I found it in a very small creek in Williamson Co.
Photobucket

What are you callin that one eric? Uvalde?

I was callin' it uvalde but someone told me it looked like a darl? I really don't see a darl though. I have found about 12 or 13 different point types on the creek where i picked this on up. I have found several types of darl, uvalde, couple coyell, hoxie, blades, knives, and a bit of everything it seems.

Was curious...found a base in the deep layer at my site that looks pretty similar; but Darl definately does NOT fit my timeframe at that site.....need an early archaic type.

my first find was less than a year ago - the first week of March 08- after about 25 years of extreeemely casual surface hunting (mostly beer drinking). That 1st one hooked me. I've found a few others since then. My other half, "J" had a nice collection before we met tho. She's a seasoned vet. I think she turned out to be my good-luck charm. (I know she'll read this)

this would be my first.... and 2nd..... great photos by the way

http://api.photoshop.com/home_a951634a2ccc4f459a64229b424de0cb/adobe-px-assets/319ddb9c06314c2dab99bf39153b9221

very next weekend.. .. i find this one

http://api.photoshop.com/home_a951634a2ccc4f459a64229b424de0cb/adobe-px-assets/2d909fad647c41658459627c60ddf9c6