Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
ONE PICTURE , LOTS OF WORDS !

The backround in a frame of points means a lot, right color & texture that makes the best compliments to the points [ and still please the owner ] Here's an idea that worked out very nice [ for me ]

I have two gorgets I wanted to take to a recent flint show in a protective case. . . .Problem. . . One was black [ V. dark brown ] tother, white [ V. Light yellow ]. None of the cloth I have stock piled could handle this contrast. , , , , SO, , , I chose the brillient RED and with flat black paint, painted half of the cloth. being carefull to to the best I could to
have a nice " fade " out effect.

Photobucket

The pic shows I put together a few more tests of the technique. It's different but the largish spray is unwieldy for some delicate feathering work.
A hobby size spray gun would really do the job best.

Re: ONE PICTURE , LOTS OF WORDS !

Yessir, I just knew there would be something out of the ordinary with your display.....another great time capsule with the swiss army knife!

nice hal!

Looks really good. I've used different color backgrounds but red has always worked best on my smaller points. I need to try the your color scheme on the larger ones. Thanks

Nice work there. Those look great.

Now Hal if you find the rest of that gorget you are going to have to open that frame again and change it. I guess taht would be a good thing right?