Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Ideal Indian Dig Site

My friend has 400 acres of virgin land ripe for the picking. He has expressed an interst in possibly allowing honest arrowhead collectors to explore his property. On this land you can feel the spririts of indians. It is right on the river and pecan trees. I am no indian expert but others have said this place is an excellent location to dig. What would be a fair price to charge to do this? and what about what is foune???? Any info would be helpful...Thanks

Re: Ideal Indian Dig Site

well on any dig the person paying keeps what they find , i know the established pay digs sites charge pretty good , but they are set up and have the sites established already , meaning they have artifacts coming out of the ground aleady ,what would be cool is a place where people could go and pay to dig and choose a spot they wanted to try on their own , dont worru there will be a lot of people who will help direct you in the matter , and your gonna get 100 diff view points lol

Undug indian paradise Blanco Tx, Thats a great possibility area for ancient campsites.

Before you get too concerned with dig fees and related dig parameters you really have to find if you actually have a marketable site [ not all " good looking " land has productive sites ]

Here's the name and contact for a fella that might offer a FREE, no obligation, professional appraisal of your property:

. . . . . . . Dr TOM HESTER

. . . . . . SECOCREEK@SWTEXAS.NET

Depends on the area of the Blanco River the property is located! The majority of the larger sites are located upstream from the city of Blanco. Downstream, most are on small knolls above the flood level. Sites in this area are usually not big enough for a dozen people and most have been trespass dug. What general area is this property?

I THINK IT WOULD BE A GOOD AREA TO DIG GREAT AREA TO DIG SOME TEST HOLES

I MYSELF IF ARTIFACTS WERE BEING FOUND WOULD BE THE MAX OF 50 TO 75 HAND DIG AND IF YOU DO A SCREEN DIG MAX OF 100 TO 125 BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION IM GOING ON TWO MORE SCREEN DIGS SOON BUT I STILL PREFER CHRISNERS ITS REASONABLE A NICE AREA I CAN DRIVE DIG AND STAY OVERNITE FOR LESS THAN I CAN TO PAY FOR ONE SCREEN DIG

AND ABOVE MOST THE CHRISNERS ARE GREAT PEOPLE VERY HELPFUL AND KIND AND THAT MEANS ALOT TO ME !!

I THINK PAYING 150 TO 200 AT SOME DIGS ARE WAY OVER PRICED IF IT WAS MORE AFFORDABLE I WOULD COME MORE OFTEN

geeeze! that would be nice if someone opened a paydig with as many artifacts for half the price of the rest of them, wouldn't it? Don't see it happenin' but a nice suggestion just the same.

i know brad we can only hope if palmers lowered there hand dig from 120 to 75 i would go every weekend

Undug Stuff,
Your e-mail address doesn't work. Post better contact info please.

Last week I dug four test holes ( 1 meter x 1 meter down to the hard pan ) on two ideal sites along Mill Creek in Austin County. Both of these sites had everything. Sandy-loam soil, 30' above high water, SE slope and live springs near by. I did not find a single chip or flake.......go figure.

This reminds me of a situation from not too long ago when someone offered an excellent opportunty for some digging on a river.

MAYBE I JUST HAVE BAD LUCK

Where on earth is Palmers?

Palmer's is a Restaurant and Bar in San Marcos.........Oh,......wrong blog......never mind.

The San Marco bar & grill is run by Uncle Charlie Palmer, black sheep of the family.

To find White sheep lacation.. . . Back to front page, check PAY DIG SITES block.

wish i could dig across from the pub and grille in san marcos that city park is a campsite and a huge one ...

count me in. but it wouldnt do me any good if I stopped digging after thirty minutes and started bad mouthing other dig sites. who knows, mabye a six inch blade would jump out of the wall and bite me on the ankle