Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
NACHOS THIS SATURDAY !!!

WELL MY FIRST NACHO SCREEN DIG HUMMMMM WELL FOLKS FOUND GREAT STUFF A HUGE KENNY BLADE AND I MEAN HUGE
SOME OF THESE WERE FOUND FRIDAY ALSO
PERDS, MARSHALLS,MARCOS,COVINGTONS, AND A FEW MORE OH AND A FEW BROKE ANDICES AND OTHER BROKEN POINTS EVERYONE HAD A GOOD TIME

NOW COMES TO MY COMPLAINT AND I KNOW THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES BUT AFTER THE FIRST COUPLE OF HOURS AND THEY GOT A LATE START TO DIGGING AFTER 10 LOADS OF DIRT AND DIDNT FIND ANYTHING I DECIDED TO DIG A HALF OF DAY INSTEAD OF THE WHOLE DAY

I ASKED TO STAY LONGER SINCE THEY WHERE GOING TO GET DIRT OUT OF A BETTER PRODUCING SPOT AFTER LUNCH ALL I ASKED FOR WAS A HOUR MORE AND WAS TOLD NO THAT ****** ME OFF

THE BACKHOE OPERATOR WAS SLOW GETTING DIRT TO US THERE WAS THREE TO FOUR TABLES WAITING AND THIS HAPPENED SEVERAL TIMES AT ABOUT FIVE TO TEN MINUTES APART IN LOADS

I FELT LIKE I GOT CHEATED OUT OF TIME I PAID FOR !!!
AT LEAST NACHO COULD HAVE UNDERSTOOD AND LET ME STAY BECAUSE OF THE SLOW DIRT DELIVERY AND HECK I WOULD HAVE CAME BACK MANY MORE TIMES BUT ALL I FOUND WAS ONE DAMAGED POINT AND WANTED A LITTLE MORE DIGGIN TIME FROM SOME DIFFERENT DIRT SINCE HE WOULDNT UNDERSTAND I WONT BE BACK !!! AND IM SURE THIS WONT HURT HIS BUSINESS ONE BIT

I HEARD GOOD THINGS ABOUT HIM THAT HE WAS A STRAIGHT SHOOTER AND A FAIR GUY BUT HOWS IT FAIR WHEN I DIDNT EVEN GET THE TIME I PAID FOR !!! WHAT A RIPP OFF

Re: NACHOS THIS SATURDAY !!!

Hay there Lee

Sounds like you saw some good items come out though.. Sorry to hear you didn't do so hot. I know its all a luck of the draw kind of deal.. I guess that Hal and I happened to be there on a lucky kind of day

(Or maybe it was the frog that was on our table)

Sounds like this is something that you need to take up with Nacho personally and see if yall can work things out between the two of you.

Michelle

YEAH I KNOW BUT I THINK HE WONT BE MOVED ON THIA MICHELLE !!

THIS I MEAN

As long as you had a goodtime had a goodtime The flint is a bonus You can go to vegas and drop a few hundred bucks in second you may not even last long enough to get a comp drink Anyday i am not riding the sofa with my hands in a bag of chips is a good day

It's all a gamble digging. Sometimes you find stuff and sometimes you don't. It's the nature of the beast having to wait on dirt. Thats just the way it is, unless your the only one there. Even if your digging by yourself you still have to move your throw dirt and that takes time. It's hard work being on a skidloader all day long bringing and taking old dirt away. It all takes time and you have to be patient. I'm sure you moved more dirt on the table than hand digging. Nacho's the man just stay with it. Terrell

Bummer Lee, Your report is a tough break, hard to imagine how your table could get all the Dud loads and others got something.

Dont lose all hope !

WELL THE GUY WHO WAS SIFTING THE TABLE WITH ME FOUND LIKE THREE POINTS AND HE SAID HE WAS THE ONE THAT WASNT GOING TO FIND ANYTHING AND HE FOUND ONE NICE ONE LEFT ON THE SCREEN FROM THE PREVIOUS DAYS DIG.
THEN TWO MORE ONE MARSHALL AND A BROKE

ME JUST ONE SMALL SERRATED ENSOR ..WHAT I DONT UNDERSTAND IS THEY SAID WHERE THEY WERE GETTING THE DIRT FROM BEFORE WAS REALLY PRODUCING GREAT STUFF WHY WOULD THEY DIG ANOTHER AREA IF THEY WHERE IN THE SWEET ZONE I FEEL AND THIS IS MY OPINION THAT THEY MOVE AFTER LUNCH AND TELL YOU THIS TO GET YOU TO STAY IN HOPES OF FINDING THE BETTER STUFF

IT TAKES ME ALMOST A WEEKS SALARY TO PAY FOR A DIG AND I WANT TO BE TREATED RIGHT ..IM SURE THE DIRT MOVING ISSUE IS TRUE BUT WHATS 30 MINUTES TO A HOUR MORE TO KEEP A CUSTOMER SATISFIED !!!

OH WELL MY LUCK I GUESS THE INDIAN GODS ARE ****** I PARTED WITH THAT GREAT POINT THEY GAVE ME A FEW MONTHS BACK !!

When I dug Nacho's a friend of his drove up who was not a pay digger and promptly pulled a nice Friday off the bucket before it hit any of the pay diggers tables. He was allowed to keep it and it really felt strange, believe me. The same thing happened to a couple of my other friends who dug with him years ago, they paid for a half day and Nacho and his buddy dug on their table along with them and pulled all the stuff off before these first timers could move enough dirt to find anything. Don't think he doesn't dig that site himself when the pickins get good, because he does and he includes his buddies as well, but I guess that's his right.

Lee, I was at Nachos site on Friday & Saturday, Feb.6-7, I went on a very short notice with 3 other Kansas friends. Since its a 710 mile one-way trip, I had called Nacho & Ike (the skid loader operator) on Thursday the 5th & asked them how things had been going, they told me they had been in a good perd camp over the last few days, so we decided to go for it. We didnt get there to screen till 1pm on Friday, yet I found a sweet G-7 perd, another nearly full 3" perd, lots of flint & a full drill that day. Ike had his hands full, as I operate heavy equipment at the cement plant here in KS where I work & can relate to the bumping & jarring that a person goes thru running those things, no shocks, you feel every lump, bump when you dig into a pile, even more digging into ancient hardened dirt like they do. Ike, I noticed, had to try & keep 4 tables going when our group got there Friday pm, loading each with good dirt & constantly moving the sifted or "throw-dirt" all afternoon long, with no break till the dig ended past 5pm. We also had to wait some between loads, yet I understood Ikes situation & on Saturday morning, at the Cafe before the dig ever started, I talked with Ike, then with Nacho about it. Nachos mom had been not doing well & Nacho had been in San Antonio Friday & was going back there today, thats why he wasnt running the yellow loader on Friday. I told Nacho myself that 4 tables with like 12 people screening is really to much for 1 man to keep up with & that he needed someone running the yellow loader to assist Ike for todays dig. Nacho agreed & after we all went to the digsite, a man named Danny showed right up & was soon moving throw-dirt & loading tables with good siftable dirt that Ike was steadily digging out all day long. There was little to no waiting, yet both Ike & Danny are to be commended for a job well done. Though my Saturday morning screening was slow, I only had like 2 points, my friend Earl had a full, large flat awesome Kinney blade & a very nice nearly 4" flat, nice covington blade, plus points. My remaining afternoon brought me 2 full drills, 1 is a KILLER kinney drill, and a few small points, but I had a great time & I saw everyone from every table find points, blades, drills, 2 fist axes, scrapers, etc. Nacho did listen when I talked to him Saturday at the Cafe, he is a reasonable, fair man, I have been to digs hes had for 3+ years now, some days are slow & some days are great, with digging, its just that way. I WILL be going back when I can afford to, just ALWAYS remember......."A bad day arrowhead hunting/digging beats the crap out of a good day at your job" .......just enjoy it.....:) John in Kansas

I MYSELF WAS A BULLDOZER OPERATOR AND DUG FARM PONDS AND CLEARED BRUSH AND TREES ALL DAY SO I KNOW WHAT ALL THE BUMPS AND HARD WORK IS ABOUT !! IM SURE THE TWO LOADER OPERATORS FELT THEY DID THE BEST THEY COULD!!

BUT WHY SHOULD I GET LESS TIME FOR MY MONEY I PAID FOR A HALF DAY I SHOULD AT LEAST GOT FOUR HOURS OF DIRT FOR MY MONEY

BUT LIKE YA'LL SAID ITS THE NATURE OF THE BEAST IM SURE IM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO HAS GONE THROUGH THIS BUT IM THE KIND OF PERSON THAT WILL SPEAK MY MIND AND SAY HOW I FEEL !! I KNOW ITS HARD TO MAKE FRIENDS THAT WAY OR BUSINESS PARTNERS BUT I TEND TO SHOW MY BACK SIDE WHEN I FEEL LIKE I LOST OUT ON WHAT I PAID FOR !!

I KNOW NACHOS MOM IS SICK AND I FEEL FOR HIM AND HIS MOM IS IN MY PRAYERS !! I EVEN TOLD HIM HE SHOULDNT BE AT THE DIG TO GO AND BE WITH HIS MOM THATS MORE IMPORTANT !

MAYBE I CAN DIG WITH HIM AGAIN WHO KNOWS HE MIGHT NOT WANT ME BACK

Lee, you seem like a nice enough guy. I met you at pipe creek one time, and you did nothing but complain while i pulled out points. then you left 4 hrs early after trying to sell me a fake clovis point for $200.I have yet to find anyone who can complain about pipe creek. I have been to nachos new dig and it is a stand up dig. I did well, but most of the diggers did better. no complaints. You have to move dirt to find points, the more you move the more you find, a little luck helps sometimes. sorry I had to say what everyone else is thinking buddy.

WELL ARE YOU THE GUY I GAVE THE ASPIRIN TO WHEN YOU HAD SUCH A BAD HEADACHE ?? IM TRYING TO REMEMBER YOU !!

AS FAR AS THE CLOVIS HOW DO YOU FEEL IT WAS FAKE ?

IM GETTING ALL POINTS I BUY OR FIND PAPERED TO AVOID THIS SITUATION AGAIN ITS HARD TO TELL A REAL ONE FROM FAKE WHEN YOU BUY THEM YOU TAKE A CHANCE

ONES I FIND EVEN NEED 2 BE PAPERED BECAUSE I HEARD OF SOMETHING CALLED SALTING OR THAT OTHER DIGGERS PUT A BAR IN THE GROUND AND DROP FAKES IN AND THEN COVER THEM UP I DONT KNOW IF ITS TRUE BUT I WAS TOLD THAT

AND IF SOMEONE BUYS A POINT AT A LOW PRICE AND IT TURNS OUT TO BE AUTHENTIC GREAT FOR THEM ..BUT IT SEEMS LIKE MY BUYING DAYS ARE OVER !!! CANT CHANCE IT
EVEN ONES I FOUND WHERE TURNED DOWN BY AUTHENTICATERS

YES I DO COMPLAIN ABOUT NOT FINDING MUCH BUT THERE IS NOBODY REALLY WILLING TO HELP SHOW ME AND DIG WITH ME SO I WILL LEARN HOW ITS DONE IF I TEAR DOWN WALLS UPON WALLS I DONT WANT TO MESS SOMETHING UP IS THAT WHAT I NEED TO DO ???

I GUESS AS FAR AS NACHOS HE DID ALL HE COULD DO BUT MAYBE I WAS HOPING FOR 2 MUCH GUESS I WONT GET THE CHANCE SINCE I BURNED MY BRIDGE HE HASNT RETURNED ANY OF MY CALLS

Hay Lee the guy across the sifter from you on Saterday left with 9 points and the guy that took your place after you left found a perfect Andice I sifted all day and found nothing

Hey whats up flo town yeah thanks for letting me know ..i jumped the gun and showed my backside by venting on the message board !! which i shouldnt have done !! and feel bad for doing if i could take it all back i would ... i appologize to nacho and his crew and to all i may have offended !!

im sorry for throwing negative feelings toward nacho and his dig !! he does the best he can and his guys do too working hard to bring dirt ect !!

the dig site from what i saw and have seen posted is producing some awesome artifacts and i found a nice serrated ensor !!

im glad everyone has found some great stuff and i enjoyed seeing the artifacts you pulled off your table flo town and it was nice visiting with you again !! im bad about names so forgive me if i forgot yours

I have dug the last 4 weekends and some days in between about 40 hours worth and no case points to be seen but I know the only way to find them is to keep digging.Good seeing you