Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Nacho's 2-16-09

I'm still cleaning the mud out of my truck, and between the 14" of rain that fell, and the sub-freezing temps. my camera finger hasn't thawed out yet. Melvin, on the other hand, beat all records on screen load with a whopping 362. Every time I looked his direction, all I saw was a sand storm. They had 4 bobcats running just for his table, and they could barely keep up.
I have never seen one of those rare horse shoe shaped points before. He may end up getting it named after him.
Wife got one picture of Melvin on the attack.
David did pretty good, we did get a couple of pictures of him before the second blizzard hit. I'll get our finds posted tommorrow when I get rid of this blasted frost bit.

Re: Nacho's 2-16-09

a true arrowhead hunter dosn't worry about a little mud!! Yes i know you just can't wait to post your arroheads so that you can show everyone your great finds... Speaking of dust , I had a hard time even seeing my screen at times when you finally got into the groove of it...oh ya everytime the bobcat operator seen a arrowhead sticking out of the dirt in his loader it went to your table.. imagine that..that extra 50 under the tabel at the cafe may be the way to go

Te, Thanks for the really rapid screen report, what with travel time, you must have started typing with
muddy hands ! Very interesting for some people following the latest Nacho finds.
At least you DID find something !
For while I was wondering if Nacho was running another dig in the New Mexico high country. . . .
Blizzard, cold, MUD ?
Your pic of the young fellow in the red shirt really conveys somebody really getting into their work !

Nice blade, good report, thanks again.

Glad there was no rain / mud on my visit, my city vehicle would still be mired with the ancients !

The guy in the red shirt is Melvin, that's the only pic. we could get of him because of all the dirt he was slinging. And Melvin, you told me you only slipped Ike a $20.00, that's why we slipped $25.00 into his peanut butter and baloney taco.
And we are going back. Even with not catching a great load of good points, it was worth the trip.
We had fun, found a couple of good points, and enjoyed the company. The frost bite is a little rough, but I had worse back in the spring of 1918.

te is still looking for some points to post!!!!! Want me to rework a few for you!!!

good work TE

Melvin makes a good screen partner. On another screen that is. I'm gonna post my pic's after while. I could see mud getting inside the cab of my truck, but on the engine block, inside the headlights, and worse yet in the ice chest full of cold beer. Had to clean it out before the boss could go to work.
Didn't have time to drink the beer as there was no rest for the weary with Slave Driver Melvin around.
Melvin, really, you don't need to go thro all the trouble reworking points for me. The two semi's are supposed to arrive this afternoon with the first shipment of my finds from yesterday. They said after delivering my 8 truckloads, they would start bringing in the wife's points. I sure do appreciate your kindness.

ya looks like the semi ran over your points!!!!!

Just kidding i felt bad about that one. After all you did say you apreciated my kindness....

Hey, don't feel bad, it was probably those four front end loaders that were trying to keep dirt on your screen that broke them. Poor old David was on the other side of you and I only saw him twice over of your spoil banks. I thought when that avalanche hit off of your eastern dirt mountain that we'd lost him. Wasn't for the rescue dog we might have
I never saw front end loaders that big before.

must have went through about 50 loads of dirt. Sure feels good when that point just jumps out at you.

Who went thro 50 loads? You were clearing the table in 3 minutes. Let's see-----20 loads an hour times 9 hours....hmmmm. My calculations are you did 362 + or - a load. I wasn't counting mine but wife said we did about 40, mabbe 45. Poor old David was by himself and I bet he still did about 40. Next time you get the end table. Downwind. All that dirt flying off your table made it hard to see.
On a more serious note, we noticed going in, and from Travis's report, that the land owner has the ranch up for sell. Don't know if it's sold Nacho may not have a screen dig with the new owner.
Anybody out there want to buy a ranch and let all their bum hunting buddies come out to screen for free??????

sounds like a plan to me . Ill see if i can get a loan.

Don't forget your old screening buddy.

I know nothing has been sold and he's good to go on digs. With the economy as it is and the bad news we got today (a possible second stimulas plan?)I'm thinking he will be finished with this before it sells. But,.. ya never know.

going to te bank tomorrow

I still need to get with Ronny about that new dig north of Ozona. Haven't caught him in town yet. When I find out about it, I'll see if the woman wants to advertise on Michelles page. He said only the locals know about it. Don't know how good it is.

Te and Mel, Wow, you two really got the screen dig bug.! Just finishing a Nach visit and now planning another to the Coush site !
I was there a couple years ago and I give it just as high ratings as the Nacho site, they are VERY friendly, helpfull and enthusiastic about their screening.
My first pic report is where you dump a load of material to be be screened on a green table. . .

Photobucket

Then after due process they do a beautiful bob of removing ALL the superfulus material. Next pic, the
insitu of the treasure you can keep and take home with you.

Photobucket

Notice, they do such a good job, not even a quarter is left for scale !

Actually, on our last visit to the Coush. site we came back with some rare football shaped platters. Couldn't find them in any of my arrowhead books. Think the wife sold them in a garbage sell to make money for our next dig there.

Oh, and I wasn't posting back in October, but I really did some serious digging (pocket) while we were at the Coushatta dig,and found some really neat blue jean lint. They did have some really good Indian pottery in the gift shop. The Indians told me they made it themselves in China. Different tribe I guess.

BSPMIC NOW I HEARD IT ALL