Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Finds from the Mud Puddle

These are some of the points/bones that we found yesterday. There are a lot more of the broken pieces but this is some of the better brokes, our two good perds, couple of pieces of bone and between the bones is a piece of what seems to be pottery.

The broken point on the top row right hand side has a tip that has been knapped into a drill. Took a while to get all the mud off,

Re: Finds from the Mud Puddle

not bad at all. ready for another dig?? maybe we will try out TJ's screen or hand dig?

Gotta pay the Indian Gods at Coushatta first, then Uncle Sam, then I'll be raring to go. Pick us a day this time without rain, snow, or those two tornados that came thro late yesterday afternoon. You might want to think about appeasing the Indian Gods too, Melvin. They weren't too happy with you yesterday, you know, leaving the remnants of a dead horse on your table. Wife is still all stove up from yesterday. she thought I was faking it when I told her I was frisky. I still get around pretty good for an old man of 112.

yall did good, especially for 1st time diggers. Good job!

Thanks Travis. David found the best points of the day. I think his covington point war dance was the highlight of the day. Problem is, it started drizzling right after that. He might have gotten a covington war dance and a rain dance confused. I think me and Melvin did pretty good for beginning screeners. Course with all that talk about the Andice's found out there, that's was I was hoping for. Melvin just wanted one good perd. But they'll be waiting for us next time.

Melvin, I got to thinking (I accidently do that some time). Wife and I are going to do our semi-annual bi-monthly pilgramage to the Coushatta Indians and make our donation. If you can't make it, we'd gladly take any donations to appease the Indian Gods that you could afford. $50's and $100's would go a long way to improving our luck next time. Couple of stacks of each and we'll hit the jackpot on points. I mean arrowheads, sorry. And if they feel generous, we'll gladly return any unused portion (minus our small commission) to you.

A little pearl of wisdom gleaned from local expert digger in that area, Buddy. Bones in that condition they call " bird point bones ". Not because they were necessarily wasted with the tiny missiles but because they couldn't have been in the ground too long.
Might that be a small Kerrville knife [ AX ] just below the big bone.?

ONE piece of pottery was found on a Nacho screening 20 miles south of the present location.

For a really complete report, , , NEXT time you dig in the rain, could you include one of your shoes on the towel with the flint. . . .
Most " normal " diggers may never have seen 4 inch high mud platform footwear !

No, SH, it is similar to a clear fork biface. Just worked on one side. Kinda crude.

what did you do to that broken friday knife . The two pieces with the third one missing??

They are still on one of the 18 wheelers. We only have had time to unload one so far. I think they're still in the pile of brokes. Just wish the wife could have found the third piece of I could glue it back together. Methinks it feel thro the screen.

need to post it looked real neat to me.. you had the tip and the bottom if am thinking correctly,

Yeah, I need to find which ones they are, they looked different before they were cleaned up. Also I'll take another pic. of the broken point (covington?) with the drill tip. Didn't notice it out there, but saw it after it was demudified. Checked it out with a loop to make sure it was worked and not just broken.

speaking of finds in the mud. I just thought about david(found my mud filled gallon of water he used to clean off his nice covington blade off with in the back of my truck today.Have you talked to him about any finds he had lately. Think he was going to dig for three or four more days.

No, I hadn't. E-mailed the pics. to his son. I believe he said he was going back Saturday. 1660 miles is a long way to drive just to screen. But that one covington made his trip. I ain't never seen anybody dance like that. Well mabbe when we used to dance the Charleston. I figure he'll email me once he gets home.

i thought he had a loptop with him?

I don't know if he did. He may not have had internet capability out there, or mabbe didn't have wireless. He wanted me to email the pics. to his son. So I did.
Had a bunch more pics. of his points, but they were all the same, just different angles.