Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hal

http://news.aol.com/article/fossils-found-near-la-brea-tar-pits/347859

Re: Hal

Hal is old and dosen't know how to cut and paste!

CLICK
HERE FOR LINK TO STORY

Hal, put away your scissors and glue.

Those are the funniest things I've heard today! Bad day at work. Thank yall

Good report Trav, That find was just on ABC news this morning, just one vertebre looks bigger than a 5 gal bucket ! Speaking of a "scale" item. . .10 foot tusks ! They are usually measured around the curl but even so, I bet if you stood it up it would be as
high as the 8 foot ceiling of the rooms most of us are sitting in right now.
This fossil story is applicable to a flint site because of the "possibilities" surface hunters might
find. Also, the weight of both tusks must have needed tremendous strength / muscles. Imagine trying to get close to such a tank with a stick with a stone on it !

I dont get the old age connection to " cut and paste ". Every youngster learns how to do that in Kindergarden, I just happen to have been absent that day !

Thank goodness the professionals at the La-Brea organisation got the new found bones, they really need more bones !

It seemed like a pretty cool discovery that's for sure. Can't imagine running next to one of those things!