Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
G10

is their such thing as a G10 surface find?

Re: G10

I feel like i have found some.. send a few pics later. from South of san antonio to encinal tx

john , now that is is a done deal and gone , the corner tang i had was a g10 and was a surface find , it was by his admission the thinnest worked and most unnusual form he had seen , im not saying the best he had seen , but that blade is now in winstons personal collection , so as lacking in knowledge as i am about the subject , i would have to say that i think there are still g 10 surface finds , and im gonna go find em lol ,

Flo is living proof of the G-10 concept, See his latest post " RIVER FINDS 2-21-09".

Also, when your talking " G-10 ", most of us use that designation if we find a whole point but I'm thinking when it comes right down to the professional designation its really tough to get a high rating.
Factors like material , color [ white sun burned ? ]
flaking quality and "design" of that particular style
come into play.

Best thing to do is keep looking !

A true G-10 can be found on the surface or under it or underwater or anywhere for that matter. But it's a qualified authenticator who's willing to give it a grade or just a qualified grader, which have started popping up in th last couple of years. I'm not sure how one becomes either, except by experience but I think there are some types of certification programs available that have recently come about. Would make a good article for Texas Cashe magazine though.

silver ill tell you how they pop up , ya see its like me , i find a broken piece , i say oh yea baby look at this beauty lol

Grading points to me seems rediculous.

John, to me any point that has a perfect tip and no dings is a good G9/G10.....
Keithville
Photobucket

JMHO.

in addition to no dings, and i mean absolute zero(tip,ears,base,etc.). for a point to be even considered G10 in must have near perfect symmetry, flawless workmanship, above average material. i have been told i am to picky though.

oh yeah, and for a point to labeled G10+ in simply needs to be the highest quality example known. period!

so yes John you can def. find a G10 artifact on the surface.

this castro is a true G10 surface find by my great uncle in the early 1900's. it was found near Leon Springs, close to where the Dominion Ranch is now in San Antonio, Texas.

Photobucket

Photobucket

you know very few folks have ever seen this point. it makes me wonder just how many other spectacular artifacts are out there, tucked away in an old frame, or shoebox?

WOW!beautiful