Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Point ID help

Re: Point ID help

Not sure what the first big point is or the long skinny.Thinking the next two are Edwards and Frio.The next is a perforator/engraver dont know the point name.Next is Bulverde?And next is Fairland bird point?

maybe a marshall for the first one and I pretty much agree with the the others

The first point and engraver are both marshal points. Look like stuff from my neck of the woods. Nice.

My guess is they are artifacts.

Hal,can u help?

Well I'll try but I always defer to the big guns if they chime in !

No question mark [ ? ] after the nice Bulverde.

Majority rules on Marshall for the big boy and the perferator.. . .BUT. . . .IF they were mine . . . I would lean to a WILLIAMS, based on not much [ none ] of a basal " uppercut ".

Those nice Edwards look pretty robust for the classic delicate bird points. Maybe some interbreeding with the Edgewood family ?

Them aint Castrovilles?

Those aren't Casty's that G-Towndigger posted. Casty's are straigt across along the base and Marshals have somewhat of a fluted base like pictured above. Sound about right?

whats the straight skinny one? Its only 2" long and very thin.

I have found many artifacts that look like this in a darl mound. without a better look its really hard to tell. Maybe just a tip reworked.

I thought Williams had more of a rounded base.These are squared?

anyone?

If you are able too I would find a few more examples from that particular camp and you should come across a few that are more identifiable. Sometimes things get muddy between castros, marshalls, williams, etc.. May be that they are some sort of a transition point or just an indian that didn't get the memo on how to make this kind of point.

Bill...I believe that you are correct about Williams having more of a rounded base in my book.
The next to last point on the 1st row appears to be a version of a Frio, considering that it isn't a birdpoint.

Thats what i was thinking,either a Frio or Edwards.