Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
east texas

hi everybody- i live in longview tx (about an hour from shreveport la)i've been going to christners to dig but it is a 7 hour round trip for me.I camped there last sat. night and thought i was going to freeze to death. It got down to 25 that night. Does anyone know of any place around east texas to dig or some good surface hunting?

Re: east texas

You can always lake hunt....around the shorelines or go to the beach for surface hunting....in you area...

call me 903-690-1333 and I can show you the way.Heck I will even go with you.
Steven Moore

forgot to say I'm in carthage and got lots of diggin

Carthage ????

Steve! I get LOST going through there everyone I go to LA to gamble in Shreeveport!!!!

I sould have your number so I can call and say" HOW do I get outta here!" heh

WELCOME BRANDON!!!!!

Michelle

Michelle
Next time you come through Carthage give me a call and I can get you back on track but you have to stop first and go diggin with us.

hey steven- are you available friday? if so i'll give you a call and we'll set it up.LOVE the site michelle.

I am near Tyler and I am also looking for a place close by!

Hey I'm in the Mt. Pleasant / Sulphur Springs area if anyone wants to go!

love to join yall i live in apple springs

Get in a boat cruise down to Dam B at Sam Rayburn area and search the shore line.

Heading up to Jasper Co. in the morning, first time to this site. Having 2 creeks that run into the Angelina, might be some good hunting. Logging equipment has got 1000's of acres all rutted up, I'm hoping they have stirred up alot of stuff, but 10,000 acres might take some time, may need some help. I'll post what I find.

Let us know something!!!!

Cold and wet in the morning but finally cleared up after lunch, but still very windy and cold, the wind made my eyes tear up constantly. No points but lots of petrified wood. Crossed 3 spring fed creeks that look very promising, am planning on going back next week for more scouting, due to the size of this place it will just take time.....

Hello all,
I am new here and I am very happy to have found this site. I live in Longview and happen to own 8 aces
(wooded) with 2 active springs and also a creek that runs all year long . my point in posting is that i also have what looks like at least 4 mounds very close to the springs. and would like to post some photos here to see if you all think that they are
man made if you get my drift ? I have done a walk through of my land and as of yet found nothing on the surface however it is very covered in fallen limbs leaf litter etc.

Sounds like a prime area. Im 22 and I too live in Longview (Lake Cherokee actually) and surface hunt a couple of locations around here. Im fairly new to the addiction, but ive got it bad. If you dont mind me asking, whats the general vacinity of your land. Im always looking for new local spots if you ever decide to let anyone come walk around and take a gander.

Please show us some pictures. I am very interested to see what is coming out of East/N. East TX. My family owns 8,000+ acres directly on the trinity River in Navarro County, and I have been dying to get a group together and explore what is there. I went this past weekend, and found a decent point( white flint/chert) and 2 very nice scrapers. Years ago I found a few points there, but I was not into head hunting, so I threw them down. I think I have found an area that is "something". There are 3 mounds that are 20-30 feet higher than the surrounding terrain, and has a series of rock circles at it's highest point.
I do not know what I am looking at.

I live in east Texas and have hunted points for a long time. I have also hunted the entire state of texas. I can give you some insight on the mounds and where to find points. East Texas is a whole different game because of all the vegetation and overgrown areas. Mounds can be very confusing. Some are great but most are... well email me and I will explain.

G Man email me and I would love to explore your site with you. I can also give you some advice on the mounds from my personal experience.

8,000+ acres directly on the trinity River in Navarro County Wow thats a lot of land to cover.I also know the east Texas and hunted in the area.I do know that most arrowhead site on the trinity can be a ways from water.Also the trinity river had alot of trade flint meteral so you can find some very unique arrowheads and pottery.Like T said it sometime it take a trained eye to find a good camp.The big question is not where but how deep because I have dug arrowhead up to 5 foot deep on that creek.I have seen some very fine pottery come form that that creek and that is what I like to look for.Anyway I have so many places to dig in east Texas and I will never be able to dig them all but I would love to share what I know.
I can tell you what to look for.If you would like to talk about it give me a call 903-690-1333.
Steven Moore

Steve, I work in and out of town I am in east texas now but about to leave. When I return I will keep your number and we can get together and see what we can turn up. Always looking for great points and pottery!