Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Texas Elephant Teeth

The creeks here in Austin County are down low from the drought and wonderful things have appeared. When I look at one of these huge teeth I think about Clovis man going up against a six ton behemoth with his atlatl and spears. Remarkable people hunting remarkable animals with remarkable weapons.

Agatized Mastodon Tooth

Mammoth Tooth

Mammoth tusk

Re: Texas Elephant Teeth

very cool find. we see similar fossil teeth up here in NETX. The fossils are much easier to find than the points around here

Hey cool man......There are lots of mastadons found around washington, grimes and brazos counties along the brazos river....

If you find more Elephant teeth than you can use, what do you plan to do with them?

nice teeth.

Thank you for your kind observations.
Silver, I don't use or need these ancient teeth, I just like them. I consider them to be a gravel bar bonus when I am really looking for artifacts. Several years ago I placed a couple of dozen wood duck nesting boxes along the creek and the activity they generate is always a plus in the spring and summer months.........sort of something to look forward to around the next bend in the creek.

Sounds like fun.

The Waco potentates have just anounced that the big Mammoth site [ thats big in area and number of animals ]
has been officially been taken into the National Park service, Now maybe some "recovery" funds will come pouring in to make it a good place to visit. Hopefully at least like the Glen Rose facilities !