Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
You want to see some real diggin

This is how we do it in East Texas.I been diggin about 500yds away for over ten years and pulled out over 1000 arrowheads.This mound I have known for over tens yrs and been saving it. Now I am going to dig it for the first time.In the pictures I am down about 4 ft. and have not hit bottom.Lots of charcoal down deep.Found one arrowhead not pictured was a Gary point to crude to post a picture.I think I will hit some San Patrice points once I hit the bottom if their is a bottom.This is a true mound and is tall and round.It just sticks out at you.I will be back to digging next week and will keep everyone updated with what I find with pictures.

Photobucket

Re: You want to see some real diggin

Photobucket

Photobucket

I never dug in sand.. Is that all sand??

Wow! Congrats and keep me posted!!!!!!

Michelle

The top 1 f.t or 2 is a fine sugar sand and then it changes into red hard packed sand.As you can see I don't use a shovel from a hardware store.Hardware shovel just don't hold up to the sand and eats them up.I use a very old very hard to find rice shovel with the neck strighted out.It takes time to master finding arrowheads with a shovel in sand.I have chop the sand and listen when I hit flint dig it out and use a very thin long knife to chop it out of the shovel.I can sometimes tell to by the sound that its a arrowhead.I don't miss much.

Good report Steve. Very interesting to see how the other half lives [ East Tx half that is ! ]
Your pics are the first I have seen in that soil other than some Florida 100% sand hog diggin.
Good thing you report such good results from your other 10 year project so you know what to expect on the new area ! I'm thinking a proper name for your new site might be the " WONDER SITE " !

With no fire rock, wonder what created a " mound "?

Wonder why the aluvial [ washed in soils ] did not level out any irregularities in the sub surface ?

Wonder if ALL the digging other than test holes is listening for flint on shovel or do you eventually create a wall for a different excavating technique ?

Good show

You sure it's not just a little knob.