Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
no mounds

live in mt. home area .have found birds where I dig but not much else , just scraps of frios,one lg. kinney base,lotta broke birds. there are no visible mounds. I'm not near running water, just dry creeks that lead to wet ones.Iam also on one of the higher points in the neighborhood. Only have 10 acres , but parts of it have patches of broken and raw rootbeer flint.hard diggin maybe 2 ft max.really need some ideas,any ideas? cant afford to go to pay dig,Randys is only 30 min from here

Re: no mounds

Where do you live?

Well do you have an area with several ft of dirt....Meaning 2-3 ft deep...If you have it near your dry creeks beds , theres a good chance there was some amount of occupation .....Your dry creek could have been a live spring 2 hundred years ago....Just cuz there are no visible mounds doesnt mean there isnt anything around...If 1000 years ago there was water and over 500 years it dried up youve got a possibility of 500 years of occupation buried around there...The fact that your finding birds is a sign that there was water during atleast some point....Also sound like to me that youve had several occupation around there by the points youve described...I know its hard to find an area with lots of dirt in that part of the country but if you can find some you may be able to even the odds a bit in you favor.... You being on one of the higher points in the area is good for some birds Mejor que nada .KEEP ON DIGGIN MY FRIEND..

appreciate the input guys.there are spots with 2ft of dirt 3's dreaming.lotta rocks and no rain keeps me outta the hole.Nate do you dig locally?guess i'lljust keep lookin ,thanks again.p.s used to post as big willy if interested in a few of my finds look at old posts "only birds"

yeah Nate ,you get that alot on the Johnson creek. I talked to a land owner that has mound poachers,his son told me that the upper end of Johnson creek has upto 10,000 years of inhabitance.said @ one point they were finding 15-20 whole points per cubic yard of dirt!

Nate ,I guess I'm not sure how far the actual headwaters are from 41, the anderson branch comes in just w of 41.it is dry and runs upto past IH 10. there is still a stream feed but not alot of water on that end. also heard the anderson branch is "artifact rich",but again OFF LIMITS.