Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
amazing surface finds around Lubbock

i met a guy a couple of weeks ago here in Slaton , he has been surface hunting for three years , i found him at home a bit ago and took pics , the guy didnt know what some of the amazing points are , see if you can find em , the pics arent the best , but i hope you can make them out and enjoy seeing them as much as i did

Re: amazing surface finds around Lubbock

I need to find me one of those clovis or folsom points. All I ever find that's paleo are these dang angustora points.

Wow, thats pretty impressve for surface finds! Nice folsum,plainviews,lermas,marcos,friday,and tortugas!

yes mike they are very impressive , he has two others i didnt seem to get posted , he has four corner tangs , and i only posted some of the pics and only took pics of maybe half of his collection , believe it or not over half his collection is from cotton fields around plya lakes , i guess i need to look at more of the fields with lakes and talk to some farmers.

i did talk to someone who said the farmers around Tahoka and Brownfield have so many points and large blades coming up that it messes with the plows and makes em mad .

wow. can't believe there are perds up there in lubbock. nice paleo's too. thanks for posting

Good thinking to take those pics jer, thats a very impressive assortment for "only" three years walking !

I also see your new friend does not have a single flint show bought frame in the whole lot.
Thrift store bought "picture " frames make for a wide variety of presentation. I'm personally not too happy with glueing pieces on a backround, I still use the glass, with modified back depending on the thickness of the points to go in.

The variety of frames going through thrift stores can go from mild to wild....notice that neat oval frame.
Also check Antique stores. . . . a gold gilded 17th century Turkish frame would be differnt.

i agree Hal , i mean this guy has things ive never imagined seeing ! i dont know him , someone i moved a house for told me about him , so i boldly walked to his door and said , i hear your an arrow head hunter , and the show was on , i should take pics of his house , talk about redneck , ok i will take pics , your gonna be amused , and yes sir he informed us he has only been hunting three years , and has walked many cotton fields , hunted several ranches just below the caprock , he was very adament on letting me know right away that he loves people to see his collection , but he will not take anyone to his hunting spots , though when we left he said when the weather warms up he will take us to a couple of them ,he said jerry just walk up to the land owner and be honest , ask to hunt arrow heads , all they can do is say no , i should have taken pics of the frames of all the bird points , he has hundreds of very tiny and in prestine shape points , i was breath taken and though trish was going to pass out ,but i suppose only fellow hunters would understand the feeling of seeing even someone elses finds ,