Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Double Base and Small Friday

Re: Double Base and Small Friday

This is my find from my first dig.

Good finds Melvin, you'll make a digger yet.
You say that double based point had something to do with marriage? Mabbe Dr. Gomer can fix the broken piece.

you could have broken it and only found 1 half then you would have never known it is not broken too bad it does happen. and it only seems to happen when something unique shows up. (most of the time)

I ahve heard about this point. glad to see it. nice!

Wonder how much it would cost to fix something like that. Just my luck to break it like that.That is my first double base . Have seen the double base in a book just didnt think i would ever find one of my own
Can not remember which book i have seen it in.

They said they this is the third found at this camp

TE Two of the other diggers said the double base had to do with marriage.. No wonder it came out broke!!

Double base. . . PSHAW ! ! ! That looks like the incredibly rare TRIPPLE BASE .
If your saying thats your very first adventure into actual digging Mel, that one item alone can be the find of a lifetime for some digrs. Course one piece might not seem enough for some after moving a few truckloads of Terra Texas !

Good job.

I think I remember someone else posting a double end find but I cant peg who, from what site, when ?

A better expert than myself might like to comment on the fact that the NORTH end of your point. . [ point ? that cant be the right term ! ] seems to be made by the little Marshall boy. And the SOUTH end was made by the Williams family down the road !

Tks for the show

I really think i made it a tripple base with my digging tool. Was looking for that one big chip i took out of the side and found a little piece,gave up after that and went back digging. Dug for three hours before i found the fist of anything and that double base was my first find.
Thanks for the input

Now Melvin, I'm gonna have to outdo you. I'm gonna find a double base with a montell on one side and perdiz on the other.

Nice collection.guess i just got lucky. Give it your best shot there TE.. I may just make you a home made one so you can save your money..

I better take a better look at it maybe it did have two perd bases

You got real lucky. Only oddball I have like that is an exotic frio wannabe with a third bard. Impact fracture to the tip. Those double based points look like whoever made them couldn't figure on which end to put to point so they didn't. They don't look to be a broken and reworked point. Would serve no purpose on a spear unless it was to confuse the enemy. Couldn't tell if the spear was coming or going as it flew by. Or mabbe they made it after chowing down on some pyote buttons.

maybe used as a hallow point too make a big hole?

What was that old joke about how many Indians does it take to shave. Mabbe it was a razor blade.

LOL or maybe a toothpick

Hey those funny points are stick couplers. What you use to connect two sticks together my imagination is floating away happens around this time night or much earlier in the weekend
Leonard

I would figure there had to be a use for them. Unlike eccentrics or exotics which range all of the place in shape. From efigies to just plain odd. Sort of like that lucky silver dollar or rabbits foot. These double pointed oddities must have a purpose if more then one has been found with the same thing in common. Not a point or scrapper. As I believe Melvin was told at the dig site it was a joining between people or tribes. I could see that, but did it mean that there were two made to give between the two parties? As wedding rings? Like Melvin, I've seen them in books, but with a library full I can't remember which one. Mabbe Mike or Tom has an answer. I just wonder if something like this could be considered a G10. Like antiques, price is based on scarcity as much as condition. If there are only a few examples out there, are they rated the same as a common point?

ever pitch a tent the spars have little connectors.
How about fixin your exhaust with a soup can? I saw that ont when I ownwed a muffler shop customer work not ours. I still have left over cat converters and flowmasters in my warehouse they will be dug up some day it seems

i canr believe none of you know what that is , ever seen two drunk injuns fighten over the same rock , first to finish wins the rock lol. tell u what i wish i could find an exotic like that ,
there has been only one exotic ive seen , a friend found it on one of our new mexico spots , from the base out to the tip the entire point made a 180 degree twist with beautiful serades , best he could figure was ceramonial , had to do with a buck having to come up with something for a brides dad or something , i dunno , but anything diff is awsome to me , very nice find !!!!!!!!!!!!!