Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
SH

Hey man the time change has you all messed up. what you doing up at this time of day? Dug up some Geritol?

Re: SH

Keen observation L, First dam time it has RAINED in a whole YEAR !! I'm trapped in this cabin with nothing but a TV and this infernal typing machine. It's enough to drive one to the wine cellar ! [ wish I had a cellar!]

Been sleepin in til 0500 the last couple !

I think the wine cellar may be open until midnight (seller) that is but I heard the vintage of near 19 years or so may be best the older it gets I think you will understand that last statement.
Leonard

what time do you usually wake up hal?

He wakes up when orion is setting in the winter

Aprox 3 hours before official posted sunrise. So dead of winter, 12/21 = 0330
Dead of Summer 6/21 = 0300ish

Sounds terrible but thats the extreme ends, a leetle closer to the middle, like the Ides of March 3/15 = 0500 !

Leonard really knows his Omens. . . walking out to a dig on a crisp winter morning and seeing Orion really standing out positively means its going to be a heck
of a good find day.

PS: re Omens. . . IF an Armadillo crosses your path, go home immediatly !

Well that's some early rising Hal. It's a rare thing for me to get up at 3am and start my day. No thank you.

Yeah Travis, We are ranchers with livestock to feed, and we don't get up that early! We gotta crank the coffee pot before we can even add or subtract in the mornings!

The only time I get close to 3am is opening day deer season. I'm in the blind at 6:30am which means I'm up at about 5am - Give or take a little.

Well Travis, from my experience out here, it's not so much the deer that shows up at first light, as It is the trophy Hog shot( black russian boars )!