Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Michelle.....Missouri points n Mounds

Hi Michelle and the rest of texas! lol I know it has been a month later than I said I would do this....but hey, at least I finally made good of my word. I still would like very much to come dig some different terrain for a change! I would also like to know how the whole "paydig" thing got started so I could try to get some of these landowners around here to do it. I don't know if that would even work around here cuz most of them don't want to get out there and dig for whats there but they don't want anyone else to have a go at it either. Greed is a sad way of life. lol. Anyway, these pictures arent the best but they get the job done. I also put some pictures of the cahokia mounds in there. They are a must see for any head hunter so if you are in the st louis area...definitely check em out. There are actually about 100 or so mounds there but I only posted 5!
You all take care and keep diggin'!
points ,
Photobucket ,Photobucket ,Photobucket ,Photobucket ,Photobucket ,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket, Photobucket,Photobucket, Photobucket, Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,cahokia moundsalt="Photobucket">,cahokia mounds,cahokia mounds

Re: Michelle.....Missouri points n Mounds

I forgot a couple...the first ones are crystals, very interesting.
Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket,Photobucket

Jenni,. Thats a GREAT collection. . . . Why would you want to dig?
I suspect the non agreeable to digging land owners is more based on the fact that it is against the laws in that part of the world.

If those mounds around St Loui are the ones just to the East, That is the crown Jewel of the Park Service above Chaco Canyon and cliff dwellings. Very well done.

Those crystals are unique. . . . We had a big whoop dee do herebouts some time back about " clear " points.
Turned out they were Texas TOPAZ.
Any idea what yours are ? Maybe just common Quartz with gold flake inclusioins.

Tks for the show

wow that is a very nice collection , a little of everything in there , but those mounds , you mean your digging in there and they dont catch ya , it seems like the grass is very well kept right up to the mounds , thanks for sharing the pics , those are the first pics of mounds ive seen ,

nice collection.

GO GO MAGIC PHOTO-BUCKET !!!!

Thanks SO much for posting all those great pictures!!!!!!! WOW Woman!! Great collection!!! How long have you been a hunter??????

Very nice old frames! Looks like you've been doing this for awhile? I see some cahokian points in the frames but I'm sure u didn't mean u got any from the mounds pictured One of those is in downtown St. Louis right.

Sorry if I confused anyone but NO I do not and have not dug the mounds. They are part of a state park.....just thought I would share with everyone the greatness of them...

Jennifer dont be shy show us the mounds

been collecting for about 15 years.

Just curious Jen, but how did you acquire these collections if you didn't dig all of the artifacts up?

silver, I didn't say I didn't dig them up.......I said I didn't dig them out of those mounds. However, plowed fields around here are a good place to find them right on top of the ground so they are not all digs but most are.

Unfortunately I didn't make myself as clear on the facts as I thought I did and I apologize for any confusion.

What about the mounds??????

No apologies needed Jen, We all knew you were not in the Cahokia site, except Leonard.

I went to the St. Charles flint show a few years ago. Your collection reminded me of a very stiking feature of flint in your part of the world, predominatly very light pastel shades. Nice.

We give up. . . Tell us what the mystery [ stealth ? ] point is, in the red frame above ^ ^ ^ ^ ^