Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
anyone know where I can find copies of the Dan R Davis texas artifacts book?

A family friend has a great copy of this, it's a shame they are so hard to find. I have seen copies on eBay before, they seem to be REALLY expensive. Anyone here have some leads on where to get a copy in good condition? I understand paying a premium for comething truly rare, I guess I am just trying to get a sense of the market price for these things...thanks!

Re: anyone know where I can find copies of the Dan R Davis texas artifacts book?

Don't know right off hand where to get one, but I'll keep my ears open for you. My wife bought me one years ago at a book store in TX, think she paid like $40 for it, there must not have been alot of copies made it seems. Great book, has tons of photos & information in it. Last one I saw for sale was on Ebay awhile back......John

Re: anyone know where I can find copies of the Dan R Davis texas artifacts book?

I'll let go of my Dan Davis signed copy for $550.

I might have that book your looking for , I'll check tonight .Does this book have a black cover ?

Got mine autographed twice. He was selling a limited autographed set of 1,000 at the C & W store in Cotulla many years ago, then he came back for the hog cookoff and was selling some more and I had him sign it in person. When we went to the artifact show in Fredericksburg in Jan., there were some of his and Perino's books for sell. Might check out the one in Boerne this weekend. May find one there.

One of the prominent book dealers had a display at the Boerne show: : :

WINSTON ELLISON of
CIBALO CRK CUST CASE CO.
830-755-4985

I asked him about this book in question. To my great surprise. . . . THERE IT WAS ! ~ ~ ~ ~$235.00

These limited edition, scarce things go by condition [excepting signed versions ].

Winston has five more copies STARTING at $250 and up.

The at the show edition looked plenty good to me !

Brought up to date 5-9-10 in response to Te's finding an unsigned addition for $995.

SH
One of the prominent book dealers had a display at the Boerne show: : :

WINSTON ELLISON of
CIBALO CRK CUST CASE CO.
830-755-4985

I asked him about this book in question. To my great surprise. . . . THERE IT WAS ! ~ ~ ~ ~$235.00

These limited edition, scarce things go by condition [excepting signed versions ].

Winston has five more copies STARTING at $250 and up.

The at the show edition looked plenty good to me !

Updating this info 5/12/10
Winston now has 4 examples in stock priced to $275.
For sale at the Temple show 5/ 4&5 /10

There may've been a re-print of this great book previoudly, so do your homework right & look at the edition # or get a guarantee from the seller that it's an original.