Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gone muddin

Went out today could not really push the mud thru the sifter. But I found this stuff (Nothing special)
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
And next to the turtle back scraper is a clear rock for the Gemologist's Of the world to give all of they're advice
Photobucket
Those clear rocks do have a bluish haze.

Re: Gone muddin

Leonard, Manos don't push through sifter screens too well, but it looks like another nice one. Sure seems to be alot of them in your site. I guess they made alot of wheat germ or fiber based cereals there. I usually go surface hunt others throw piles when it's muddy out. I use to know a bunch of guys that would dig at night. I'd go back the next morning and find lots of points in their throw dirt! I didn't figure they could see all that well with only coleman lanterns.

Too many manos?
I dug out a fire hearth today muddy sandy soil and charcoal In the center is a solid block of clay and rocks it kinda reminded me of a wedding cake that stuff is so tough the strange thing It is also dry no water soaked in just all around it and below it this big cake was completely covered in soaked soil the mano came out around 14 Inch level

Do you remember the ole song............someone left a cake out in the rain.......and I don't know if i'll ever see so many manos again.....but I just don't think I can take it...cause it took so long to bake it. Maybe what youve got Leonard is an ancient indian bowling alley.....MANO BOWL.....and all the broken arrow points were the pins........Steeeerike! I can just see em now,...gettin all tanked up on cactus juice for a night out at MANO BOWL. I think I'll ponder this further over some almond Tequila!

Len, My biggest compliments to your enthusiasm and mud finds ! We have seen less in some of your past drought posts. We have been paying more than the usual attention to the weather patterns this past week.
N TX probably got dumped on more than south, REALLY wet. Good job.

The ash pit alone is a neat find. . . re the dryness [ or waterproofness ] my first thought was the effect of animal fats and gravey. Then I quickly came to my senses because you have positively proven they
were all exclusively vegetarian !

We have also found the occasional neat finds in a small area of old throw. We always thought it was night diggers getting careless from, Low batteries, too much beer, too much pot, not enough pot !

The sparkler is a blunt nosed Topaz point.

I shouldnt do this Len, but your severe mud slingin prompts me to show a " sneak preview " . . . .

Badger was out yesterday too, I'm sure she would have posted an update but was probably concerned about dripping mud on the key pad > > > >

Photobucket

Even though the camera is far away from the newly found point, it's so BIG and complete it can still be identified in the pic. Directly below the pointing finger, close to the bottom edge of the frame.

It was well washed !

looks like m is poining at the rake

Yes, because it was as BIG as the Rake!

8) And yelloooowwwwww

And Purddyyyyyyyy

and you will see it on the update!!!!!!!!

Michelle

Here we go again ~ ~ ~ ~

TX MUD SLINGERS FRIGHT

TX SURFACERS DELIGHT

where did ya find those goodies Leonard ?