Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
you know something funny is gonna happen to us

ok so were back from the lake , ill start with the funny story , we decided to go way back in the river bed today , sand gets really mucky when its wet lol . anyway we dropped down in the river and rode back in a ways , then got out and hunted , when we were ready to leave , well billie the youngest was on her lil honda 70 , nicole my older daughter was on her 125 and trish was riding with me , billie heads out first , trish and i follow , ok so billie goes up the bank , straight up about 7 feet maybe , then i go up , trish on back , that dang thing went up like a beast and kept going , i mean straight up , we and up with the bick sitting straight up on its azzend , and trish on her back and me sitting right on her chest , billea see's it from the front , nicole watches it from the back , billie comes running back to us , just to say haha i made it up , nicole was laughing , trish and i were laughin so hard we were both cryin , except trishes cryin was more , get your fat azz off me , i guess you just had to be there to see it ,

ok a couple of points were found , in the camp stickin out of the sand , trish found this two prong very polished four inch antler , im hopeing someone will say its a preasure flaker , and the other thing , it was in the river sand , someone please tell me what this creepy thing is before it drives me nuts ,

oh and i threw a pic of nicole , after i had to go back and pull her out of the mud , and that mud smelled so bad it would gag ya , poor baby was cover like she went swimming in it lol

Re: you know something funny is gonna happen to us

The last couple of pictures are of a bison tooth, we found dozens of them in our last camp.

lol wet wips ant going to help that

Thats probably the adventure dig story for the Month of March. Except for the mud, it's like the cruise ship people advertise. . .It's not the destination that counts but the fun of getting there.

Good pics to go with the story, thats really big country for a playground, cool.

Ok, Antler is a tool ! How old ? Couldn't have been on the surface too long or your porcupine from last adventure would have got it.

You got a camp sticking out of the sand ! / ?

Happy trails to Youse all

sounds like an adventure, for sure.

Please video your next journey into the scrub so that we can see your family gang in action on their bikes.

I think those are Camel teeth. - Jon.

A few years ago I tried to figure out the dental origins of the teeth found all over TX.
MY. . results, interesting but not enough learned info actually stuck in the grey matter !

Austin TX is lucky enough to have a real "skull shop" just north of center city. Has Cow, Horse, buffalo
[ No camel ] skulls. From the samples of the various teeth finds I brought with me, all I could see diffent was the "folds " of the enamel. Root design should but didn't help a lot.
There's good pics on Googgle if you hit the right buttons.
That one that jer is showing could even be one that has split apart.

The biggest surprise in my " research " was that Upper & Lower tooth structures are VASTLY different in size and design structure>
Just as a general example, jerry's find might be a lower mandible [ jaw ] but the uppers could be TWICE the size [ almost a square looking at the chewing surface ]

One other helpful identity guide. . . . If you dig one of those things out really deep in a midden camp, , , ,
You can probably rule out COW !