Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A few surface finds

Howdy, I'm brand new here and in Kerrville, Texas (recent transplant from California). Stumbled across this forum and have been thoroughly enjoying all the posts. I used to hunt artifacts a lot in California as I had access to several private ranches through my work but had eventually stopped years ago due to lack of such property access and restrictive, heavily enforced laws in Calif. Now I find myself living on a large ranch here in the grand state of Texas which is very artifact hunter friendly so I can again wander about looking for flint etc. Anyway, here are a few of my recent pickups here on the ranch. Seems pretty hunted over but, now and then, I still find a little something to keep me interested.Hope my posting works!

Pretty nice 4 1/2" knife and an odd reject or scraper:

Few more broken pieces. I wish the big knife had be whole as the piece is about 6" long and it was nicely made:

Re: A few surface finds

I posted recently on a new dig site at Segovia. If you get a chance you might check it out. There are some other diggers out in your area, and hopefully somebody can give us some feedback. Good hunting.
Thanks
Tehuacana

OK that don't work like all the other forums I post to. Lets try it again your way *S*

Welcome to TX, You certainly plunked yourself down in an artifact rich area ! Your probably right about any of the territory being hunted over but
every new rain brings out a new crop treasures.

Good show of you CA finds on the other posts too.

Hey sabre welcome to K-town. Ilive in the Mt. Home area and dig on my land .good luck with the next rain.....I think I'd just find a good spot to dig. theres alot of buried treasure in these parts