Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
weekend hunt

walking around fishing this weekend at the ranch with a buddy, and found a few things.. i'll have the pics up tomorrow... 2 what i think are mano's... i also heard rumors that indains use to play games with these large round rocks, is this true?. i also found a groved rock, similar to this.

http://api.photoshop.com/home_a951634a2ccc4f459a64229b424de0cb/adobe-px-assets/e52d8597dadd4bc79755d9029de1952e

.. but with only one groove.. one nice piece of petrified wood, and my buddy found a nice broke point.

i also found these 3 rocks all similar in shape. To me, and i know nada, but they look like they could be some sort of knapper.. they fit in your hand just perfect, and have a blunted tip.. interesting..

I'll post pics tomorrow..

thanks guys~

Re: weekend hunt - with pics

as i promised ...

manos?
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

this is a peice of petrified wood, and a point my buddy found. Too bad he couldnt keep it, my parents are crazy about taking artifacts from the ranch..

front
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

back
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

this i believe it some sort of shaft shaper or something..
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

hardened deer track?
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

and last... what i think are some sort of knapping tool.. has anyone seen anything like these?..they fit perfecly in your hand with the fat part of the stone out.. ..pistol grip style!

front
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

back
MINOLTA DIGITAL CAMERA

thanks for looking..

chris

Re: weekend hunt

bump~

WOW!!

That one stone looks like it had a GHOST stuck in it! Pretty cool looking I'd say! Or that "Screem" dude !

Thanks for sharing!!!!!!!

Michelle

The first round rock looks like a flint nodule....Knock a hole in it and check it out...Looks like there may be a little cream colored flint on the top there..... The second seems to me to be granite Of some kind probably rounded by water action....It could have been used by someone never know....As far as the other cobble rocks/flint ....They could have been used for something but probably discarded because of dislike for flint quality or color or who knows Ill ask the indian who threw it down when the Great Spirit come to take me home cool finds

Crst, interesting report. I think the top 2 rounds and the point were likely shaped, [ for uncertain use ] Any size true mano should show at least one side un-naturally polished, and the best, actually flat with a very distinctive abrupt edge.
The other artifacts dont show very evident hand of man intervention, but it's Indian country so who knows for sure ?
So if it's not finders keepers, what do your folks do with any finds ?

I got my full share of enjoyment even out of your " rock " pics. I was trying to determine if that top
rail was a 2 X SIX . . . or . . .a 2 X EIGHT ?
As it turns out, that one pic with the screw head measures actual size. . . .

2 X 6