Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
OFF TOPIC~! NEED GARDEN TROUGH'S MADE !!! ANY WOOD WORKERS OUT THERE????

TOTALLY OFF TOPIC - GARDEN/ WOOD WORK NEEDED ASAP!

ANYONE out there interested in helping me save my garden this year??

ANYONE know anything about hydroponics out there ??

I was supposed to have some wooden trough's made for my hydroponic garden before my plants showed up - They SHOWED UP TODAY!

REALLY NEED someone to make some wooden trough's for me!

CLICK HERE  -
This is my page that I have some ideas on and the

pictures that someone sent to me about the trough's that I need build and what they look like.

Anyone in the Cedar Park or Austin area willing to make these for me or shoot me a bid?? I was supposed to make them myself.. I have NO IDEA what I am doing and I do not have tools to even cut the wood!

AND and ALL help appreciated!!!!!

Michelle

(and her Dying Plants!)

Re: OFF TOPIC~! NEED GARDEN TROUGH'S MADE !!! ANY WOOD WORKERS OUT THERE????

Hey M, I thought Hydroponic plants were like water lillies, and the like. How are wooden troughs going to hold water, not leak unless lined with plastic, and last very long?
There use to be a Hydroponic nursery and shop along Hwy. 183 (Bell blvd.) between Hwy. 1431, and New Hope rd. between Cedar Park & Leander. If the are still there, they sell all kinds of heavy plastic fish ponds and tubs for Hydroponic plants.
Otherwise, I know a guy who is an excellent carpenter who lives in Shenendoah Sub. just across lakeline blvd. from you. His house is the one at the corner of Shenendoah Drive and Roanoak Dr. He remodles houses for a living, and his First name is Rave. If he's not busy, I know he could build you some. Anyhoo, hope this helps. Been workin on our 1/4 Acre garden out here!

Thanks Mike..

I think I know who you are talking about.. He redid that hold house - Looks great .. They usually have little "Sales" there too.. I see them drinking coffee all the time when I am going to work !

Maybe I will pop in there.. Maybe I can name drop! heh

Yes, I will need to line them with plastic .. I have all the particulars .. Gotta get er' done fast before my plants croke!

Thanks and thanks for the info! he is only like 2 minutes from me !
Michelle

Yeah, you know the house alright, every so often they have a sign out calling it the little Gingerbread house, and there would be droves of cars parked there.
I used to live 1 block east of him, and he was always bringing over used stuff for our ranch. Heck of a nice guy. Maybe salvation is at hand for your plants!

michelle i dont know anything about hydropaunics , but from looking at those pics of the cedar boxes , could you not do the same thing with a few old fiberglass bathtubs . you know the kind that mobile home lots that refurbish mobile homes throw away when they are remodeling , i dunno just an idea !

Thanks Jerry

But I want NEW planters made.. I am sure I could use just abotu anything.. But with the water flow and recycle.. I want it a particular way because its a dirt-free system.. WIll be using peet moss

Just need this both the same and I will be HAPPY!

Your on the right track jerry but mobile home remodelers use the tubs themselves herebouts.
I suggest Mlle walk around in the "housewares" department of Walmart. The range of hydroponics tubs is outstanding. From baby bath tubs to under bed
storeage to square trash cans ! Anything with the
desired L & W can be cut off at desired height.
Prices start at $3.

If I wanted little "tubs" from wally world I would have used them.

I want this specific setup. With the trough's ans stands.. With thsi setup, I would be able to put anything in it.

Anyway.. THanks anyway
Michelle

Photobucket

Woooo Hoooooo! Ya gotter done!! Looks Good!

LOOKING GOOD !!!

HAL ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

LOVE LOVE LOVE HAL!!!!! THANKS ALOT THEY CAME OUT WONDERFUL!!!

Peep this for a couple other pictures at the top of the page..
http://www.austindiggers.com/hydro.html

AND to those stressed that we are not talking about arrowheads in this message .. Sorry! Almost done!

Whooh ! Havent seen this much love since valentines day ! Hoping the mood lasts at least 24 hours. . . .!
Would it be proper then to ask you a small favor in return ?? Just a simple Y or N will do.

RSVP here pls