Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Arrow found in shelter!!!!

I found an arrow in one of the shelters in Sanderson with the point still hafted. Here is a picture of it. WoooHooo!
http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt225/arrowsanderson/IMG_0222.jpg

Re: Arrow found in shelter!!!!

im just wondering where at in sanderson do you hunt? i am on a ranch , been on for about 12 years, maybe 5 or 6 miles north of the town of sanderson as the crow flies & have found many a nice head over the years.

Ooops that didn't work let's try it again.
I'm a few miles south of Sanderson, so not too far off from you.

http://i786.photobucket.com/albums/tt398/arrowsanderson/html_0262.jpg

well maybe we can swap arrowhead places, we got over 15 thousand arces, plus other locations.need new country to look at.comeing from fortstockton ,our ranch turn off is 2 miles past 2400.i think its dudley ranch road,our lease is aprox 12 miles off the main hwy.going in the general direction of sanderson.lots or midens on our place,lots of walking. most of our group is out of midland.

not working is this an april fools day joke? i bet it is DJ.

no joke.not to day.my e mail is pdrashbaugh@yahoo.com i live in midland tx @ been hunting heads on the ranch im on since 96.send me a picture of this hafted point. thanks cliff.

Ok, Travis is right as I'm sure most of you know anyway. I just wanted to join in on the fun with Dr. Hester. I mean with all the crappy stuff I've found out there, I couldn't get that lucky could I? I think that is the fastest I've seen any post get to 160 in hits on here. Sorry Cliff, I sent you an email and would like to see some pictures of some of the stuff you have found in Sanderson. I really do have land there but now that my story is false and me only having 200 acres and a few shelters I don't think my place seems as apealing to you anymore. You have access to thousands of acres a lot more than I have.

Cliff, I do know where you are talking about near 2400. There's alot of deer in that area and have almost hit several. Are the middens that you see pretty much all above ground and have you tried digging in them? If so, what type of success have you had?

haha I sniffed you out!

Love it when that happens!

never tryed to dig the middens until about a month ago.after getting hooked on nochos and studying this site for a few months and seeing and reading whats going on , im conviced ive been missing out.ive started a hole near a midden, found some worked stuff, but ran out of time and energy.i will keep diging there, and who knows time will tell.one thing 4 sure i need a wiggle pick and thats on my list of new toys to buy.we have dug some in a few caves i know of,did find some good finds, but its real dusty, lots of diging and when it warms up ,its not so much fun, plus the long walk to and from to them.no roads and those indians were in great shape. and most of our middens there are obove ground, and some are quite big.

I WANTED to believe it !. . . I still light a candle once in a while that you find something outstanding in the shelters. Well thre's always next years AF's day to plan for !

Be really interesting to see if Cliff reports ANY finds digging in his middens. A couple months ago I
thought it was generally settled that there are zero artifacts in " desert " middens. [ ? ]

Zero artifacts is false unless you mean great finds. I haven't found any real quality but have dug some out of the middens. These were all dug.
Photobucket
Top two rows of this one dug. Some just worked stuff and maybe scrapers. I don't have the big collection of Roy Mills no offense, so I am keeping them for know.
Photobucket
These were all dug from the midden. Again nothing fancy but still enough to make me think there could be some better finds. I've probably dug .001% of the midden, so I doubt I've found the best.
Photobucket
Photobucket

The candles DO work !

I want to see this artifact. I tried to see this photo but get photobucket message it is expired
can you send a new link or email? winmeek@comcast.net

http://i614.photobucket.com/albums/tt225/arrowsanderson/IMG_0222.jpg

It was a April fools day joke Fred. Sorry