Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
pipe creek find as of mar 28,29 and cornertang found

My buddy and I dug the 28,29 at pipe creek.I got my foot in with a half cornertang and my friend LD walked right in the cornertang club.Had a great time!I will just post the pictures so everyone can see.First picture is what I found the two day diggin.The cornertang my buddy found on the last day with about 2 hrs diggin left.Lucky dog!!The gorget was found by the owners of pipe creek.

Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: pipe creek find as of mar 28,29 and cornertang found

Few more...

Photobucket
<aPhotobucket
"Photobucket">
Photobucket
Photobucket

Excellent report, good to see dig site pics too. The corner tang is a beauty. Even the 1/2 Ctang is a good find, enough to be a club member ! Many diggers have probably found the other end.

TKS

cool pics steven-- i'll call you next week and let you know what i find this weekend. gonna dig saturday and sunday at palmers

no kidding! Wow. I was digging right there a month ago. Great find, great report.

Glad you got a pic of me scratching my a$$ and staring at my empty hole. You did better than me.
Isn't that "gorget" an atlatl weight? Tom showed me one last time that he found in the same spot that was complete and perfect.

. . .WHAT ! ! !. . . Thats YOU groveling around in the dirt Mo ? With your collection ! what for ?

Atlatl weight may be a better call than decorative gorget since the pic seems to indicate it's pretty thick.

new to area

I am new to this area and was looking for some advice on places to look for arrowheads (pay dig or otherwise) thanks.

Re: new to area

Todd, front page, middle, click PAY DIG SITES
also try ARROWHEADS.COM ADVERTISING BANNERS.

Next quest is usually " which paysite is best" Answer; look bask in the past messages chatter,
Many people have asked before you.

Frankly my today advise is checkout the latest posting by Black Toe. Terrific finds. FRIORIVER LANDING.COM . . . . . But hurry, its due to close in May.

Re: new to area

It looks like recent diggers are bypassing the colorchange and just burning through the upper layers....I hope someone goes through with some equipment to dig the rest ...You can tell in one pic that other diggers were a little more thorough in digging to an appropriate depth ....Ohwell who needs an andice in their collection anyway