Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Saturday's catch

Photobucket

Re: Saturday's catch

Nice catch Drew!what fishing hole ya get those beauts?

Bell County Will.

Wow, from G- 0.25 whites to all G-9.75. Good deal !

I dont know if i would call them G-9.75s.That camp is truley amazing.People have been digging at this camp for over 25 years.The most insane point [BELL] i have ever seen came out about 24 years ago,by an old family friend by the name Joe Jackson.I only dug for an hour and a half and found six complete points and three brokes.Ill never beat those odds.

U AT A PAY DIG DREW?

Only 25 yrs hand diggin on an average size midden camp is just getting started !
Most times even the first hot shot diggers did not go near deep enough in the haste to move as much dirt as possible in the richer "shallows"
The very first 200 people digging on a site do a lot of potholing looking for the best spots. The throw dirt initially covers new soils, or potholes dont connect. . . .prime finds for later generations!
Sometimes a site will show evidence of "bulldozing".
The near original diggers may have used machinery to push their throw out of the way OR to clear off the "worthless top soil". . . Big mistake! Look for goodies in the dozed { I cant help gloating that the finest Scottsbluff II I have ever found was in dozed from a site the "old timers" claim was first dug OVER
75 yrs ago.]

If it can be determined the site was professionally screen dug, the only hope is the surrounding area [ and downslope!]

Right again Hal, im digging about 6feet down and still seeing tons of shell.I bet another 2 or 4 feet is bottom.I want one of those Bells,such a beautiful point.Do you own one Hal?