Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

PLEASE TAKE A MOMENT AND CHECK THE DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET THAT I FOUND TODAY!!!

I AM TOTALLY STOKED!!!!!!! HAPPY!!!!!!! CRAZY !

HAS ANYONE EVER SEEN DRILLED FLINT!!!!!!

I AM GOING NUTS HERE!!!!!!!!

MICHELLE

Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

Very nice michelle, I have only seen a handfull of drilled flint objects and never two holes in one piece.

Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

Thanks!

I don't know what to do ! Wanted to email it to Dwain and ask him but I cannot find a email for him

I haven't even washed it! heh Like my other gorget its still filthy! I just don't want to clean it! ]

When I first foudn it , the holes were full of dirt.. I have ski shots of me taking pictures of it before I even FOUND the holes and poked then with a stick!!!

I AM SO HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks Bill!

PS - I PUT A LINK UNDER THE PICTURE ON THE MAIN PAGE FOR MORE PICTURES AND INSITU OF THE BEAUTY !!!!!

MICHELLE

Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

It just keeps getting better and better looking!

Its also 1/2 GREY and 1/2 Light Tan flint !! Look at the picture , the color change is diagonal across the face of the piece..

WOW!!!!

Re: Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

WOW MICHELLE ITS AWESOME GREAT FIND IM SO HAPPY 4 U

Nice Meg!!! It would go great in my collection

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

A most incredible find Michelle! Congratulations.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

You just hit the Vegas style Jackpot of artifacts! Better find an Iron clad safe place to keep it, and quick! Many congratulations!

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

I THINK I GOT PUNKED BY MR. APRIL FOOLS HIMSELF

HAL YOU REALLY REALLY REALLY ARE GOING TO GET YOUR BUTT KICKED

1/2 AND 1/2 HUH DOH ! AND DRILLED.. I THINK THAT I GOT PUNKED BY HAL AND EPOXY AND A DREMEL / GRINDER TOOL!

Splitting image i noticed while staring at that thing tonight

I was on a conference call tonight, staring at that thing, and noticed 2:00 o'clock was identical to 8:00 o'clock, and 10:00 o'clock was identical to 4:00 o'clock. Remember Hal, what goes around, comes around, but it was a good one.

Re: Splitting image i noticed while staring at that thing tonight

Don't worry folks .. I will have to think of something GOOD to do TO him

and I will be sure to make my tarps EXTRA HEAVY for him when he drags the dirt from my digging again!

Whatta Pal.. That HAL

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

YEAH HAL U FUUNY GUY HA HA U JUST WAIT WE ARE GONNA HAVE SOME FUN :)

I cand handle this " new format yet "

I typed a rebuttle for half an hour, The supporting pics would not appear, THEN it wiped off the message !

Is this an April fools joke ??

I can't get used to it either. I don't like it.

Michelle, I did think your find was awesome and was very disapointed to find out it was fake.

Re: Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

Broke one of the golden rules for digging. No fakes at dig site. You will now always have a big ???? every time you pull a good point out. You will wonder if someone is messing with you and will take away from some of the excitement. Just my opinion, but I don't like fakes floating around joke or not.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: 4-6-09 - DOUBLE ENDED MONTELL FLINT GORGET ! !!!!!

HAL,..........You Bad Boy You!!LMAO

Took me 60 yrs to be able to send an Email, then 5 more yrs before I could " paste" a pic on this website,
Now it's all change !

I have 3 picture proof to justify an "April fools jest" so here's the 3000 words instead !

I am guiltless.. . It was just your run of the mill April first that every body has. In fact if there is
some "confusion", , , , it's Flo Town's fault !
He was going to make a double based Corner tang for the event but never got around to it.
I dont Knap so I had to create something noteworthy ! Two double based Perds were recently admired on the postings so I selected MONTELLS !
Just slapped them together with epoxy.....
I've been known to put the occasional drop of epox on some small broken pieces, and EVERYTIME I show it to Badger , she says , , , AHA. . .EPOXY!
For 8 YEARS. I knew she would spot the fix on the eccentric Montell immediatly !
When the epox dried, it looked so good, I thought, "man that would make a neat GORGET".
Through the magic of South African diamonds on a nail. . . VOILA ! Two holes . BEAUTIFUL.

After the shock of finding a complete double Montel and all the pics taken. . . .only THEN were the holes
discovered. . . . . . . . . . .
NOW THE SNOW BALL IS ROLLING DOWNHILL.

Phone calls to all parts of the world, incomming calls of congratulations. All of flintdom is in a Whooo~ Hoo mood.

Badgers not one to fool easily ! She caught right on to the congratulatory Ice cold beer I gave her, filled with ice cold SALT....presented by a stuffed animal holding an APRIL FOOLS sign !

Every cloud has a silver lining [ but you might have to look very hard !]
Now and forever, Badger has a gorgeous, one of a kind double based gorget.
with a great " finding " backround story.

Dwain Rodgers can still paper it as planed, genuine fake.

For the lucky few that saw the first rush postings last evening were treated to a series of update pics
like we used to have in the old days every Monday afternoon.
Alas they are now deleted.

My 2 typing fingers are now well caloused ! If this posting doesnt post, thats it , no more.

Next April one, 2010, I plan to be in Hong Kong.

Michelle, besides the Gorget deal, looks like you had a pretty decent day. I would still be happy with those finds. I got nadda yesterday. You'll feel better after you get your pound of Hal's flesh.

great joke Hal. That was funny. If your going to call her Badger, she may have to call you Pinocchio .
But then again, it was April Fools Day so I guess you get 1 good one a year, free.

Ya Y a.. We did have a good day .. even IF I thought that I hit the jackpot!

GEO!!!!!

Now its YOUR TURN to teach ME how to post pictures on my own messago board! hehe

I tried to post the BBCode.. But ofcourse when you post the code, it dosen't come out because its CODE!

You post a How Too for everyone ok! heh, You help please!

Mcihelle

Possible good news ?
I see the wording over the typing in block now says ;
html TEMPOARILY disabled

hurry up Geo

Somebody must be working / refining the new message posting format.......I just posted to Blk Toe under another topic.

It said I now have 59 minutes to change my mind and delete my newly submitted words of wisdom.

Thats great, One can type ANYTHING, have 3 more beers and a few smokes and still have enough energy left to tap the delete button before passing out !