Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
senate bill 1829

senate bill 1829 is a proposed bill that will legalize surface hunting on public waterways-- everybody check this out http://indiespageopoints.freeservers.com/index.html
click on indys rant

Re: senate bill 1829

I called my local senate office in reference to this bill. They advised the bill is still in committee and not ready to be voted on. The clerk advised senators usually don't view a bill until it clears the committee. I was redirected to Teddy Carter who is over the Natural Resources Committee. He stated the committee is currently waiting on the author of the bill to submit the final bill. There is no timeline for this. He stated the testimony portion of the bill has already passed. Here is a link to the testimony. Click on the March 31, 2009 link. You may have to download Realplayer. You will also have to sit thru some other boring testimony.

http://www.senate.state.tx.us/75r/senate/commit/c580/c580.htm

He stated the best thing you can do is contact your senator and voice your opinion on the subject. But like I said earlier, they propbably won't know what you're talking about because they haven't viewed it yet. Later

Chris J

fast forward to 1hour 50 minutes on the testimony

thanks for the info fellas

If this legislatioin came up any other time in history one might surmise
it was to create some good for the general public.

But today. . . . somebody's figured out how to get a few billion from along drainages while the
economic stimulus $ pump is still pumping !

be careful what you wish for concerning this proposed legislation. The way I read it, a permit for picking up artifacts on public waterways would cost you 75 bucks a year, and you would be required to report any finds to big brother. At that time, the state could "borrow" your finds for up to a year, and then have the option of paying "fair market value" for the piece whether you wanted to sell or not. Can you say "eminent domain?"

oh yeh, I forgot to tell ya the bill as written also prohibits the use of a shovel, rake, trowel, spade, hoe, or other implement the purpose of which is to remove, dislocate, or overturn soil. Digging is, and would remain, illegal.
Anybody with a felony conviction, or a misdemeanor in the past 5 years wouldn't be able to get a permit either.
keep in mind-this only pertains to public waterways, not private property, so you're still gonna be paying for your dig sites

about 7 or 8 years ago me and a buddy of mine were fined $150 each for " surface collecting" at wright patman lake in texarkana---that could have bought me 2 years ---- plus you wouldnt have to worry about breaking the law

I don't know about ya'll, but when I go "surface hunting" in my creeks, I only need a sifter. No need for a shovel, pick or any other tools (hence the "surface" part). I think we're missing the point here. Turning a hobby that's illegal to legal is not a bad thing, even if it costs a few dollars a month. I also think some of you have become spoiled. You believe that just because you've been breaking the law for years and years without the reprocussions, they should just make it legal without any requirements. Having spent so much time in this hobby and worrying about getting caught, I'm all for making it legal, even if I have to give a little.

Chris J