Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
looking for info on the D2 Ranch

has anyone hunted the D-2 Ranch in Palo Pinto County? Does anyone have pics of finds from this ranch?

Re: looking for info on the D2 Ranch

Hey Gordon, I live about 12 miles from the D2. He does some backhoe digs every once and awhile. You can hand dig too. Here's his #. Tell him I sent ya. Thanks
DJ Dunaway
817-713-0917

Travis, tks for the info. I spoke with Doyle earlier, and I am going out that way to meet him today or tomorrow. He said he will do a sifter dig if 4 people show. What type/size/style of heads come from his site? No one semms to have pics, even the land owner.

g

g,
here are a few..
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Travis,
Thanks. It looks like the D2 produces a lot of smaller arrow points, correct? The owner said the heads off his ranch are comparable to Central Tx points, just slightly smaller. He said same quality flint and chipping, just smaller. Do you agree? I would like to see some more quality points before dropping that kind of cash.

g

a few more points...sll the pics were from backhoe digging. i have seen some really nice stuff come out of here before by other people. But take a look and see what you think. Thiws is every thing I've found in about 2 total trips.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

T,
tks again.It is closer to home, but the points coming out of Nachos and the other S. Texas/C. TX digs seem MUCH better quality and size. I'll get a look at the land owners stuff this evening, and let you know.

g

ok cool. Mr. Dunaway is a super nice guy.