Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Gault Clovis Site In Trouble!!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello everyone, I just recieved some bad news about the Gault Clovis site , which is North of Austin. It may be shutting down due to lack of funding. This is one of the most important archaeological sites in the Country. If anyone can afford a donation to keep it going until they can find some more funding, here is the address:

Gault School of Archaeological Research
5000 Burnet Rd.
Austin, TX 78756

or you can call Texas Archaeological Research Laboratory (TARL)
(512)471-5960

Re: Gault Clovis Site In Trouble!!

From what I understand, the site was bought by an archaeologist, who then donated it to TARL or some other institution. Seem's to me that they might delay some portion of the investigation of it but the property will be able to continue it's investigation at sometime in the future when finance's are available.

Wouldn't hurt my feelings if it shut down and opened back up as a pay dig again.
If they want funding why don't they auction off artifacts that are just stored up on shelves until the better ones end up in the collections of the Archaeologists.

The Gault site has been excavated off and on for eighty years This is one of the off times.

You got that right Red, If they can just hang onto the land, the deep areas of interest
are well covered until the next economic uptick.