Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
best Pay to dig

I'm new to this forum and was wondering if anyone could give me some information. Are there any pay to dig sites closer to Tucson Az. Any in west Tx? It looks like the ones on the web are around Austin and that's a thousand mile drive for me. Thanks for any info you guys and gals can give me.

Thank you, AL

Re: best Pay to dig

if there was any good ones in west texas, i would of allready sniffed it out, beings i live in midland,your best bet is to bite the bullet and screen dig at nachos,or maybe palmers.good luck in your quest. adios.

agree. as of right now.

Thanks Cliff, I'll keep looking. I may have to drive the miles. So you are saying I should screen dig at Nachos. Have you been there and were you happy with the experience?

Thanks, AL

Al, a big factor in your dig quest is that central Tx offers the best conditions for midden camps that yield
a huge variety of point types, in quantity.
Such camps in more desert environments [ like W TX ] just dont exist.

We have heard of other out of state dig visitors that usually try to combine some other points of interest
to make the most of the time on the road.

Like a flint show. [ the largest flint show in the world is in June, in Temple TX ]

PS;
Once a year I make the trek to Tucson AZ just for the February Gem and mineral show festivities. Via Amtrack.

Thanks one and all. I will figure on the drive to Central Tx.
This is a great site, I will open it often.

ive been to nachos many times,and every time i go its a new ball game.some trips i stike it rich,and others i just do so so.its all abought timeing and luck.being in the right place at the right time.i will tell you the odds are better that you can find something nice, than surface hunting.i keep going back for the adventure of never knowing that this could be my lucky day.and ive spent as much going to the deer lease to surface hunt and come up empty handed more times than i can care to remember.my moneys on going to nachos ,the odds are better,and he keeps you full of dirt,its up to you to move the dirt once it hits the screen.the faster you move dirt the better your odds are.on his web site there is several of my freinds finds from there.chucks andice,lanas pandale,boyd harris from alaska,and many others that had lucky days.for what you seek,and if luck and timeing is on your side,its your best bet.im allready planing my next trip asap.if you can aford it try to do a few days ,and bring a freind to share the table to help move the dirt.its a ***** to move it by your self,by the end of the day you will be hurtin.any good luck,and maybe you will be the next face smileing on nachos web site. good luck in your quest.