Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
LERMAS IN LULING

Jolly good show !

Photobucket

Re: LERMAS IN LULING

Missed you again SH. Pat said you'd aleady left time we got there. Mabbe next time.
Tehuacana

Te, how bout we just meet at Nachos ! Did you see what he was displaying on his table ! Wow !

Todd Chisholm [ seller of buckets of unwashed flint ] was delighted with how well the two Montell bases,
that I bought from him last show, fit together to make Badgers wonderful present.

I usually hit the shows early just as the dealers are finishing their
breakfast Tacos & beer.

Sounds like a plan. My digging buddy is tied up with kids in baseball. Hoping to pry him loose for another screen before it gets too hot. I'd like him to come too. His bunch went not long ago and he took his 15 year old son. I thought it was bad went we went with them. He said his son could screen faster then him. Wife and I were calculating that it took Melvin 3 minutes to clear a bobcat bucket load (No joke). With his son helping they cut the time to half that. He's a great guy, but turns into an wild animal on the screen.
Just give a holler when ready.

Te, Now there is some amunition for trivia fans !. .
How many cubic yards of soil can a Bobcat machine move in one 8 hour day of HIGHSPEED none stop work ?

The topic came up when I was talking to Nacho, he invited us down, so I asked if we could expect to see his #1 man IKE , still running the Bobcat. . . His answer::

" NO, IKE GOT BURNED OUT, COULDNT HANDLE THE PACE ANY MORE "

Think of that pace, EVERYONE reporting on their visit includes how great it is that the tables are
always full. Nominally 3 tables, in Mel's case, replenished every 3 minutes [ 1 1/2 in overdrive ]

Maybe there is some balancing out factor to counter terrain killers like Mel [ and family ].
Some screeners might go much slower due to taking pictures, playing with stuffed animals, smoke breaks, beer sips, washing flint off, tinkle breaks or just pass out from exhaustion before the quitting whistle !

Though at different times, Its been MONTHS since you and I were last down there, They might be in the next
county by now !

We did't take any pic's except when waiting. I had a few more of Melvin and family, unfortunatly, all that came out was a sand cloud. I wonder if Ike was burned after we left? I know he was sick with a cold/flu, but he never let up. I was figuring it out and at the rate Melvin's group was going, he would have had the whole site dug up in about a week.
If you're serious and ready to go, shoot me an e-mail. Wife has told me the two perds we found were looking pretty lonely and needed some company. And I finally got all the mud out of the truck.