Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Hours worth of Surface Hunting

Did a little surface hunting in Dimmit co. this afternoon, found a small camp site and found 2 nice brokes and one oddball point. It's the fourth one like this I've found. Mabbe somebody has an ID on it.

Re: Hours worth of Surface Hunting

Ain't figured out this new format. Still cutting off pictures. I cropped the pic. and mabbe it'll show the last point.

That's what I like about surface hunting. No work.

hey good pics! good stuff

Thanks, anybody got an idea what the skinny point is?
About as wide as a #2 pencil and 2" long.

Kinda depends on how far you had to walk in 100 degree heat dosen't it? The slender point would appear to be a Coahuilla. Lots of those in Dimmit County, Zavala, Maverick, Kinney, Uvalde, and even Edwards County where we are at. A heavy footed cow probably broke the other 2!

Thanks Mike. That's probably what three are that I found in another area. They're all pretty much the same. The brokes were either a fat footed cow or vehicle traffic. Both were found at the edge of a ranch road.

Many happy, if sweaty, years on sites like that around
Dimmit County.

Frio points, and the little thing is impossible to
"type" Looks to be a reworked specimen, having lost
its original form.

Mike's post refers to a "Coahuila" point, perhaps meant Catan...and it may be one of those much reworked.

Tom

Everybody likes insitus. . Good report.

Blaming an animal for damaging "your" point is a safe bet, BUT, could it not also be from the club footed
[ and blind ] ranch hand that dropped the fence wire
staple [ in the bottom left of the 2nd pic down ! }
right close to the point ?

That 1/4 inch of rain did a great job, immagine the finds if a 3/8 inch deluge struck !

Total rain this year 4.22" in Pearsall. Don't think Big Wells had that much. Rain does't wash them out, the sand blowing will expose these goodies. Win-Win situation for us surface hunters. Not good for the cows, you turn them sideways and they disappear.

The left one look's like a Piasano & maybe the slender one is a variation of a Nodena.

Wished those danged Indians wouldn't rework this stuff. Not like there's shortage of material. Makes it harder thousands of years later for us to identify them. Somebody needs to tell those guys not to mess with the points. Just leave them the shape that they're supposed to be.

Whoever rewrote the program for the "new" server format has missed his calling. He should be well qualified for a good union job on a road grader.

I tried using the smallest picture size setting on the photobucket format. Smallest or largest, still posted " cut off "

Howcome some of our posters even come up with really small posted pics ?? See todays posting
" CHECK YOUR CHIPS " by Chris !

I'm with you Te, those stupid ancients had no consideration for future generations, by modifying a factory product. Not like
todays awareness of the good of your "children's children " awareness. They'll never believe that the
Chopped, Dropped, chromed, Candy apple pearl Model A came only in Black !

sweet finds T. Love the insitu pics.