Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
5-8-09 Finds

I got out and did some surface hunting on the river.I found a hand axe, a couple blades, and some points. Check out the one that is resharpened down to almost nothing. Not a ton of completes but not a bad day either. Hope you enjoy.
Photobucket
Photobucket

Re: 5-8-09 Finds

for some reason part of my pics are cut off. Do I need to resize or something?

Join the crowd Eric. I had to crop my surface points pic. to get them to show up.

mabe I'll figure it out. This computer stuff is not my cup of tea.I can barely check my own email. HAHA

What an amazing report eric, those are really great surface finds, , PLUS, , How did you get those
pictures so small ?

Good showing

SH, I just resized them on photobucket hoping that would fix the cut off problem, obviously it did not work.

ok, I am an idiot. Resizing them did work. I spoke to soon,LOL

I was looking at the two blades closer and the super thin one grabbed my attention. It's right at 3 inches, paper thin, has great flaking, and does anyone think it has a San Saba feel? Or just wishful thinking on my part? The tip is dinged and the base seems a bit broke as well.

No San S, Now looking real hard at the point in question, it looks like a piece
that had a longer base.
For future finds [ even fossils ] try putting some common object in the picture that will give a
good idea of scale.
Like a 1672 gold dubloon or a tape measure.

Is the 3rd from the left on the bottom a Morrill?
If so, I'd like to see pic's of both sides of it & how much you might want for it if it's a Morrill. Send to my email address please & thanks.

Silver,I am not exactly sure if it is a Morrill or not. I am unsure of the type. I will post some pics of it and maybe you or someone else can type it. It's not for sell. It's the first one of it's type that I have found and I want to keep it in my collection.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket