Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Paleo Tools?

Photobucket Photobucket Land owner let me in on his 300ac ranch 1/4 mile from the Gualt site I found a big camp along a dryed up creek bed I dug for an hour and found a fire ring with a few snails and a bunch of flake knives and choppers that were well worn and lots of flint about 40 artifacts in all dont know if there paleo but they look it no killer points yet but im going to try again soon Ill get some pics of the site to

Re: Paleo Tools?

I see a couple of clear forks, and one on the top row/right that looks like a guadalupe scraper. Believe the clear forks date all the way back to paleo-guadalupes early archaic. Good finds.

Good report Flo, We all know Paleo finds are pretty slim because the population was pretty small,but
That whole Gault area must have been a positive Metroplex.

Interesting a hand digger could find that age so shallow and so many worked pieces in a small area.

The Zilker dig is finished this week. As of this past weekend weekend the score stood at two fire rings and one broken piece of lithic Paleo. . . about
12 meters down. The best lithic finds of the entire dig was two Archaic points found in the top overburden by the kids screening.

Many months ago Carbon dateing was hacked over in the forum. It's actually relatively inexpensive [ cheap ]
with many companies doing it. See Google listings.
If you find any bone at all with those tools, and the age proves right, thats like having a COA on each lithic.

Keep diggin down, and reporting !

Another potential paleo mine, way to go! Sometimes the tools are more interesting than the points, depending of course on if the points are Paleo or not.
The tools seem to show more inventiveness of the purposes of the tools.