Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Rainy Day In Utopia

Even with the scuba gear, it was hard to find anything, between the murky water and lightning strikes in the tree's around us, though, we still managed a couple. Flicker (the wife) and Melvin decided to try a little digging, and managed to burrow completely under the county road without breaking the pavement once. County loved it, now they're going to install some 20" culverts. Melvins bunch also managed to screen out a few nice points, as did the group from Liberty, who found a nice Marshall. Victor also found a killer base tang. That's three screen digs,two rains, wonder if that's telling me something?
Here's my Kinney and Langtry, and Flickers finds.

Re: A Rainy Day In Utopia

man that's a nice langtry tehuacana

Thats some good finds considering the WX report ! You might want to lie low til the next drought. That guy Melvin sounds like an earth mover extraudinaire !
I havent been out the TJ's in many months, but mention of Mel's new culvert work tells us right where the
digging extends to.
Sounds a bit like slant oil well drilling, tunneling under the neighbors property line !

Te, Your rainy days dues are paid ! I just happen to stumble across one of my WORST dues paying
events .

Back to frt pg, at the bottom, top row of icons. click
DEC - JAN 2007

Top row of pics. Rain had been forecast but it arrived early and in large quantities.
Deceision to walk was delayed because it was a really good dig site.

Of course I was very young at the time !

We didn't have raincoats. Hadn't seen rain in so long I forgot it was wet. Poor old Melvin got it the worst, he still had all his stuff scattered out around the whole site and I was generous enough to help him while he was loading it in his truck. I stayed in my truck so I wouldn't get in his way. I know he really appreciated it.

Did somebody get a pic. of me with the wife's umbrella? Little blue flowers and all. And drinking a beer while I was at it. Heck, I thought I looked cool.

Ya MACHO I would have blamed it on the wife too. Seem to have seen the initials on the handle K.G. I wouldnt know what that stands for. TE

Stands for "Kinda Green". Got to thinking while I was standing underneath that tree with a metal umbrella in my hand, and lightning striking everywhere that it might not be the smartest thing to do. But I had to keep up my macho image, you know, with the flowers and all. Think the flowers were daffydills, least they weren't pansys. Told the wife next time to buy one with guns or dead fish on it, not puppies or cats. Or else she'd be the next lightning rod. Do you think anyone else noticed?

Morning news today reports a boy killed by a lightning strike in Virginia at a ball game, In the open.
Also, same day, Woman killed in California town standing under a tree.

Kinda spooky knowing the fickle finger of fate can find you anywhere !
Maybe umbrella / lightning rod decorations should be Lilies ~ !

That's what the "Kinda Green" is. TJ's mom and I both were under the tree and umbrella, wasn't even thinking about it till later. But we were all under the trees trying to stay out of the rain. It didn't look like it was going to last long and I didn't want to muddy up the truck again. Took forever to get all the mud out from Nacho's. If it were my truck I wouldn't care, but it was the wife's, and I didn't want to listen to a bunch of nagging.