Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
paydig

we have enjoyed digging at the mckinnerney ranch in Junction texas. found some both digging and surface hunting though our day was cut short due to weather...got a good deal on a another visit.......hand dig 25 a person. huge midden many surface camps.... number is 325-446-4570 Beverly McKinnerney -Shore....Her Husband is from New Zealand. The dirt brothers were many years ago with great sucess.... Just reopened

Re: paydig

That's good to here. I'd posted on it back in March. One of our locals owns the truck stop in Segoiva and had told me about Beverly. Too far out of our norm, but I'd posted it for the guys in that area. Sounded like it was pretty well dug out by some of the posters responding later. Glad to here it's still producing.

any pics, what kinda stuff u findin and how much are u findin?

went to Beverly's early spring good surface hunting ,found bent [Kerr knife ,chopper , dig tool]who knows. prize for my trip was a poss. 1.5 in. zephr maybe G8. lotta potential there ,she said she was going to do some bobcat work to get rid of theold throw dirt "reorganize" has it been done? Beverly is great , just been short on cheese to visit.

went back to junction yesterday. will try and post pics....asked about the bobcat project and it hasn't been done. Listening to bev is amazing...a bottle of vodka and a few beers she steered us to what looked like a pile of throw. she insisted it had been shallow dug... she was right under the first 24 inches ....fresh dirt...we pulled 10 whole points ands twice that many popped or broken points in the afternoon. Finds of the day a beautiful montel and another perdez We live in corpus but hope to be back up by the 4th. Its a pity it has been mismanaged but I think there is a lot there under the mess.

Hey fatcat, was just wandering if you were gonna post those pics from Beverly's. Really anxious to see them....I'll also try to get mine up.

Wow four of us went just last weekend, and although our timing was off and we never hooked up with the wife for specific intel (she wasn't home), we found only two broken tips after moving a huge amount of dirt. Perhaps we were just in the wrong spots (we tried multiple locations that appeared to be undug but on the fringe of dug holes, but no, there definitely has been no dirt management at any point on that site (not necessarily the current owners fault at all), but in order to access the potentially undug areas, there seriously needs to be a lot of throw dirt moved...10 dump trucks maybe more...just my thoughts...sure would have liked to know where you guys were diggin though to have found 10 points! also surface hunted for an hour or so, no luck there either. water was nice though! nice people too-said we could come back for $5 each if we wanted another crack at it...

signed,

the older "digbro"....

Here are longg promised pics from "Segovia" dig.Sorry about the wait to those who were interested....Tehuacana comes to mind. Still love to see your pics fatcat.PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketWhoops I guess it was worth a second look. Like to know if this would be classified as a Kerrville knife. The Zephyr is one of my best points definetly the oldest. Happy Father's Day and happy diggin'!

Good show there Will. I'd call that a Kerrville knife myself. And one fine Zephyr Sounds like some others are interested in trying out her site. Talked to another one yeterday out at Rolands dig whose going to try it.

nice finds, congrats. I would call it a hand axe or kerville. Kerville sounds better though.

Yet another one of the many diggers saying is :
" it only takes one good point to make the whole day "
That Zephyr is a beauty. Something that old from a site indicates anything from then up until today might be found.
The proportion of large broken blades in that area is also saying something about the activities in the area. That could include that quality " bone crusher "

Good show