Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
new dig

Hey guys and gals, What do any of you know about the new dig site Nueces River Adventures LLC. Anyone been there, anyone know where the site is? AL.C

Re: new dig

I spoke with the owner today by phone, and he sounds like a great fella. He had his First paying group come down today. I am planning on going down to check it out this coming Sat. I will give a report once I've been.

Hello there Guys

Please share your finds from the new dig if you / when you go ! Hal and I are looking forward to going and doing a dig as well !

I hear that someone went today and dig some digging.. I hope they they post or email me some pictures so we all can see what the new place is all about!

With the hit weather, its nice to dig somewhere you can pop down to the river for a swim as well!

Night Night!
Michelle

Thanks Mike,
I'll be looking forward to your report. See if there is power for a light for the 4 pm to 7 am shift or does one need to bring a generator. Might be nice at night with the hot weather here.
Thanks, AL. C

Yes it was a misprint - Its it fixed now

Hand Dig - $70.00 for the day
8am to 12pm for $40.00
4pm to 7pm $ 30.00

does anyone know what town it's in?

I read on another list that this was a formerly mismanaged dig but that the new operator has a better plan of action.

FROM ANOTHER LIST: About the Nueces Dig Site

-----------------------------------------------------
He was at the show passing out flyers. Here are the details.

It's $40 morning digs (8-12), and $30 afternoon(4-7). This includes Day Parking fee. It's called Nueces River Adventures. No pets allowed and no credit cards. Cash or checks only. 512 636-9111 call for directions or email mfawcett@dishmail.net. It is not just a dig, but has kayak and tube rentals. It is 25 minutes from Uvalde. The guy's name is Roland. If you call, please tell him you heard about it here.

be nice if they did some screening for us lazy people,

Hey Cliff, you just got spoiled over at Nacho's. Come on big boy, get down on them knees.
Had a great day sharing a table with you at Nacho's. I'm going back in a couple weeks. Happy digging. AL. C

No night digging is being offered, and Roland dose not want any liabilites if someone has a heart attack or stroke in 100+ temperatures, thus it is mornings or evenings at this time on the digging. I don't blame him for that position, and mornings will be cooler than the evenings. He also said that Douglas did well, and his group from Dallas was a no show. If the site is productive enough for hand digging, then I'd like to see it stay a hand dig. Am going Sat. and will let you know. I'm sure that all day digging will kick back in for spring/fall/winter temperatures.

Great report on the weather and wildlife conditions at the new site Douglas.

I guess whoever runs a dig can set whatever dig times they want to, but I think whether or not a digger can handle digging during the hottest part of the day should be left up to the digger. That's 4 hours of digging you don't get

went 2 dig at nueces river adv had a great time lots of sign and flint found a chopper and a small fist axe that was perty crude a few brokes and saw other folks finding stuff ,,,, it was 104 plus and i didnt dig long got there late dur 2 flat tire ..went and jumped in the river to cool off this place has potential and im going back asap

met lots of nice folks ...... a great day of diggin and nice hospitality from all

After digging at this site today, I have come to a conclusion that it is Not a long term encampment, and likely is little more than a game trail midden along the West Nueces fork. It was nice to see several of the Austin diggers site folks out there today, left a bit early as I got my share of the heat and sweat. Dug alot, but found Zip.

Went on saturday as well, there is a small camp that was once there but its not very big at all. maybe if it wasnt so hot but its like a desert out there. we found nothing, think carefully before you decide to make a trip out there.

We found a few after everybody left, 3 knives, a preform, walking frio base and a broken base tang. Started getting into the good stuff, midden was getting deeper and more flakes, but ran out of time. It was a comfy 104 at 5:30, about norm. for us brush country surface hunters. Will try it again as soon as Roland gets the rest of the brush cleared off and trenches cut. Gnats weren't too bad, think I only ate 6. ZuZu flies were also a problem,the bug spray kept them at bay though.
Tehuacana

Thanks Mike for your info on the new dig. May have just saved myself some money and a long hot day. AL. C

Kase, Your report on heat may have slowed you down too much.
You need to get you a Texas cloud, , , see pic....
[ it's the green thing ]
Photobucket

Dont know why AzAl would pass this place up, Everybody knows that the
only reason Arizona diggers wear gloves is to keep from burning their hands on
the hot steel tools !

Your Welcome Al, I don't want to discourage you, but I studied the site, of which occupies 2 lots (one of which is off limits for digging), and put in a full 36 inch deep test hole in an area that should have been ideal for an encampment, and found nothing. Tehuacana and Melvin's holes were dug near the cooking area, and they were probably pretty lucky to find what they did, as the area is pretty small.The owner claims to have recovered around a thousand points on the lot he now has sold off to some doctor. The points supposidly came from an area just across the fence, yet when you dig on the pay dig side of the fence.....nothing found. The area to be dozed for brush removal is on a pretty steep slope down to the river bank, of which I am skeptical about, but we will see how it goes.I just think that the best part of this site is gone to another private owner, and that what is left dosen't measure up for a pay dig hand dig, and there really dosen't look like there is much area left to dig.

SH, where were you hiding to see I had gloves. I'm going to have to keep a closer eye out for little green things.
Hey o'l boy, how the hell did you put that picture of the cloud up? Wished I knew how. I found a couple points yesterday here in the AZ sun I'd show you but I'm to dumb I guess. If you got the secret, let me in on it. AL. C

Al, this is crazy. . . the blind leading the blind !
Those that know about these things were just born with PC abilities,,,I marvel at the miracle
every time I acidentally manage to get an immage posted.
See how this 2 part function works for you.

1. Go to PHOTOBUCKET.COM open an account. figure out
how to download one pic from your PC files.
Note, best to set the picture size on small.

2. Back to your home page, , ,THEN to AUSTINDIGGERS.COM Start your message where you want to post. At the point you want the pic. . . . .click back to Photobuck and click the HTML .....[ it will say copied.]
Click back to AusDgrs where the message is still waiting.
Top left of your screen, click EDIT. . . . THEN. . .
click, , , PASTE.

3. bINGO, there it is in the message block. At the bottom, enter code and PREVIEW MESSAGE.

Hope you can handle the extra load, There really is THREE steps !