Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Recent W. Texas Surface Finds

oh and by the way, we went and checked out the new place in junction, and the people there were really nice. we didn't have much luck though, but they said we could come back for $5 and try again if we wanted...

Re: Recent W. Texas Surface Finds

Excellent one-hole gorget! Very unusual material, have an idea of what it is?

I've cut petrified palm before, back when I used to do lapidary work, and that kinda looks like the same grain on the gorget. That last point looks like Jasper. Found a couple like that.

No idea on the material for the gorget, i can say that there was not a lot of flint at all where we were. Most of the worked material was either petrified wood, agate, jasper, etc. Made us realize how lucky these central texas Indians had it with such a large quantity of high-quality flint at hand when their west texas brethren were working anything that could keep an edge lol

Very nice finds all. That ornament is a show stopper.
While the appearance agrees with Te's observation of being a petrified Palm wood piece, I have to respectfully disagree Because the PPW is the makeup of flint and cant be worked smooth or drilled.
How bout bone, antler, ivory ? [ tooth or Mammouth toe nail ?]

Tks for the show