Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Yesterdays points

Found these yesterday in Arizona. trying to at pictures. new arrowheads

Re: Yesterdays points

Man this is the hardest site to add pictures I've seen. Anyway looks like I got one up but the message with it didn't go. See post above.
Got these two walking for miles in the desert yesterday. They are a little wimpy compared to your Texas points but I was happy to pick them up. AL.C

Yo Nate, I do live in Tucson and do a lot of bushwhacking looking for artifacts I try to get out at least three days a week. I have run onto a lot of sites and found some cool stuff. I also volunteer with a archeology company and have been lucky enough to dig some great sites.
Its amazing how few points we find on a dig. The site can be rich in artifacts but maybe only yield one or two brokes. I never could figure that out. Maybe someone else on here has some ideas about that.
We have dug sites that would make any museum drool and not find a single point.
Anyway, Tucson is nice but we don't have those great Texas points.
Happy hunting. AL. C

Well now, this sheds a whole new light on Arizona and Arizona Al. Your really doing it right, to actually
work on an archeologic dig site is a huge education.
So your surface finds are pretty special as they are all complete ! I checked the book from your area and just "generally" there seems to be more really small
points than the TX cousins ! But your area certainly
covers the ground [ sorry about the pun surface hunters ] from Paleo onward.

Nate's find is neat too, easy to see why some collectors go bananas over authentic more complete
pottry !

You did excelent to get any immage across the wires in such a short time span even though small its
better than a thousand words,maybe try a different sizing setting in that Photobucket block.
Sorry to have to mention this but you might need a wee bit more practice on "step #3" !!
Entering the code and punching PREVIEW MESSAGE should bring up EXACTLY what will be posted when you reenter the code.

If you dont like what you see, punch MAKE CHANGES and do it again.