Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
DIGFEST IX

This years annual Chrisners digfest will be held on SUNDAY OCTOBER ELEVENTH [ 11th, 2009 ].

Thats about one full month earlier than previous fests with the hope its not as cold at night and early morn.

ENTRY FEE $40.. NO HALF DAY RATES FOR THIS EVENT. kIDS UNDER 11 NO CHARGE but
ONLY THE FEE PAYERS WILL BE IN THE PRIZE DRAWING.

There will be a drawing for prizes right after the BBQ food has settled a bit [ 10 minutes ! ]

This year each paying entrant will receive a ticket receipt that is also the drawing number stub. .
NO MORE BEANS !

Aunt June will probably dole out the BBQ meats. The main course meats ran out last
year because too many starving diggers loaded only meat on their plates [ four inches deep ]
They are going to have to eat some Potatoes and spinich like their mummy serves at home.

Plenty of acreage for free camping. No hookups but plenty of room for RVs & campers.
Camp out in the toolies or as a group. All night revelers at the N end of the property, old fogies the S end.

Fest hours are, checkin just before dawn to dark.

There will be a freshly trenched or scraped area exclusively for the Digfest. The opening dig start shot is 0700

Last years fest pics on front pg of AusDgrs, right side, , click DIGFEST 08

Bring some of your past finds, its all flint people with plenty of apreciative OOhs & AHHs to go around !

Post your questions and commments in this section ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ >

Re: DIGFEST IX

Sounds awesome - would be first time girlfriend and I have ever participated in anything like this, and hope we make the acquaintance and meet some of you.
Count us in.
Charles

I will be there, Michelle, but this year I won't be bringing a girlfriend...re.Curse of the DigFest...lol

I WILL BE THERE BUT WILL BE DIGGING AWAY FROM THE SWINGING PICKS AND FLYIN DIRT !! WONT FORGET MY HARD HAT GOOGLES OR BULLET PROOF VEST

I WILL HAVE MY FRIEND O METER ON HAND 2 IT WILL LET ME KNOW WHEN A TRUE FRIEND IS PRESENT LOL .....

woohoo trish and i will be there rain or shine , sorry been away and have done so little hunting for the past few months , these girls and fourwheeling and mudding have consumed all of our free time , its time to let my old bones rest and do some treasure hunting!

Please use this posting for a list of people that WILL BE ATTENDING only..

Thanks

Michelle

Here's a pic of the front entry gate on 7/26/09
Same as last year only this year the "grass" looks more like desert sand color.!

Photobucket

Though DIGFEST is still a couple of months away and there will be a special area for participants only.
I just spent a day there, mostly wandering around. .
Test "potholing" and machine trenched holes are EVERYWHERE. Every one is a potential try your own luck invitation.
Finally snooped around the "famous" FULTON HOLLOW.
Richard said not to take a chance with any dirt moving as an ex-Marine has personally adopted the place [ says it reminds him of his youth on Iwo Jima ]

Old timers that have not been down to the Paleo camp in a while wont recognise iT! A MASSIVE "old dirt" clearing was done to the whole valley.
It's a real revelation to walk below the Paleo shelter area with no obscuring brush or boulders.

. . . . IF. . . . . IT EVER RAINS IN THAT PART OF THE WORLD AGAIN. . . Surfacers are just as likely to stub a
boot on a clovice or an Ensor !

Richard just put up a new easy to understand map of the Chrisner ranch layout.
The original campsites are labeled [ 9 of them ].
Each with a few surrounding acres.

On the wall, top right , in the checkin garage.

Photobucket

Now EVERYBODY can find Lee's favorite secret place of
Fulton Hollow !