Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
Two for the day

My luck held again today and I walked upon these two. Dinks compared to those big ol' Texas points. AL. Photobuckettwo for the day

Re: Two for the day

Even Dinks are cool but that may be a bad choice of wording in Az. . . .
Do you have to use an oven hot glove to pick them up ?

While you bemoan not having the rich fire rock camps like Tx, At least AZ has a million sq miles of
land open to the public. [ NOT for digging natch, just nature walking ]

Yep SH, I do a lot of nature walking. It would help to have better eyes. My old blues are letting me down a bit.
You are so right about Az having points from all ages, Paleo to Historic, (but that no digging thing) is a pain in the ass. One can only imagine what is down a couple feet.
Happy digging. AL. C

Hey Al, some of the prettiest points I've seen are dinks, as you call them...Look up the Cuney point, the scallorn or the Perdiz in the Overstreet book...or any of the websites...The workmanship is exquisite

You are right Larry those little birdies can be beautiful when you get one that's all there. Just have a hard time getting those big Texas points out of my mind.
Happy Hunting. AL C

Hey Al, going down to Chrisner's in the morn, I'll see if I can find a couple of big ol' points for you to drool over...lol. I posted in another thread that there were a couple of new to me places that I want to explore, will bring back lots of pics, maybe I can figure out how to send them on...

I'll be waiting to see then Larry. I'm coming over there soon and any info you got on the place I would be thankful for.

Happy hunting. AL.C.