Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Few Finds From Rolands

These are a few of the finds from Rolands new site. Deeper digging provided better results.

Re: A Few Finds From Rolands

not bad, sure beats a sharp stick in the eye, doesn't it?

YEPPERS LIKE I SAID GO DEEPER IM SURE THE GOODYS ARE WAY BELOW THE LAYER WE HAVE BEEN WORKIN

DAKOTA DIDNT BREAK A SWEAT AND FOUND A NICE FRIO LUCKY RASCAL ... HE WAS ALL PUMPED NOW HE WANTS TO SELL THE DARN THING TOLD HIM BAD MOJO TO SELL A POINT GIVEN 2 YOU TAHT EASILY I FOUND OUT THE HARD WAY SELLING THAT AWESOME POINT I FOUND BEFORE !!!

I WILL PROBABLY BE BACK ONCE A LITTLE MORE EARTH MOVING IS DONE !!!

Yeah Lee, remembered what you said, and dug about another foot deeper then where we were when you left. That's when they started popping out. All we found in the upper level were knife bases and a couple of tips. The drill came out first in the lower level. Melvin's son found two ensors within 30 minutes of each other. Roland's gonna have to trench the area west of where we were digging. Too much river rock on top.
Good seeing you again.

So now you folks have left a bunch of holes that pretty much stop at the youngest level.
Maybe next diggers will post what lies deeper !

At least all found some indicators while getting to know the area.

Guess im going back soon, feel like we left all the good ones there.

Mel, if you dont have a diggers handle yet, , ,what about BOBCAT [ TRENCHER doesnt have enough dignity ! ]

well here are some of our finds from rolands. I found the broken reworked tip and my son found the rest.Whats up with that bobcat stuff Hal?

Don't think that one is an early triangle? See you made it in from work. Don't you love that OT. Pays for another dig. Dang, we're gonna have to go back to surface hunting at this rate. Done wiped out all the dig sites.

Seems like surface hunting is alot easier at times.The best i have ever done surface hunting was about 20 in about 6 hours. They just dont look the same as the ones we have found digging. Still alot of fun .

Best I did was 35 perfects in two hours, and a five gallon bucket of brokes. That was my all time record. Easier to drink beer surface hunting, you can tow the keg around behind you through the brush. Makes enough racket that the critters all leave the county, with all that stumbling and falling down, I mean. Getting older, had to downsize to a five gallon keg. Couldn't handle the big ones any more.

Boy do i know that feeling. My new wiggle pick will be a stand up and use model.

Interesting to see other peoples surface finds best. Mine is 48 pieces, and I do mean pieces: drill tips,
bases and edge of an edge. Only a few modest completes. A constuction Dozer had leveled an old favorite dig site. People were on it like vultures on a feast.

Melvin, I was offering a nick name suitable for a digger moving a massive amount of soil.
Bobcat [ trencher / skid loader ] seemed more dignified than Caterpillar or Deere

Bobcat sounds alot better to me than deere. By the way what is your digging handle? Sometimes i feel like a bobcat and sometimes i feel like a plastic shovel.I guess TE holds the record for most complete points found on a single surface hunting trip.I do think if i would have said i found 40 TE would say i found 45 and so on..................................

45? Nah, let's try 90. So what's your new handle Melvin, Bobcat, or Plastic shovel. The way you tore into that dirt I'd call you front end loader.

Like to move dirt like a bobcat but right now still feel like a plastic shovel with a cracked handle.

Dam Melvin, Nobody ever asked me my " Nom De Plume " before. It was just assumed SH stands for SUPER HAL.

I guess the truth had to come out someday, , , its:
SHALLOW HAL !
It refers to digging depth not material between the ears !

Sounds like your tending towards something more 21st century, like polycarbonate tools.
Maybe this summer dig season will be inspiring, like M&M [ MELTED MELVIN ]

melted mel has already started. Once we start digging its like we hate to stop. Now i understand "Shallow Hal" I feel like i was shallow mel at rolands . I only went down about 3 feet should have went 4 feet and then 5,6, who knows where the bottom is. Digging to me is alot more fun than screening, but that screening would be nice during the hot part of the day like from 11a to 7p. Anyway old Te sure can move lots of dirt as well. I just dont hear from him for a few days after the dig can not figure that one out......Made a smaller wiggle pick when from 3/4 to 1/2 inch pipe sure made a difference in the weight of it.

That's what happens when you get old, Melvin. Swinging that wigglepick of yours with a 4" pipe handle, 6' long, takes a lot out of this old man. Especially after 14 hours.