Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
help with info please

Hello

my 13 year old son and i are driving down from st louis around the 8 of july to visit nachos any advise of info would be helpful.this will most likly be our last father and son big adventure as football and females have him pre-ocupied thanks for any advise and good luck to everyone on there hunts . ty

other places to hunt etc any advice to enhance our trip would be wonderful what a great site you have good luck everyone marty

Re: help with info please

There is no artifact in existence, killer or otherwise that would cause a boy to give up girls. Football, maybe.

Hey Marty, I can only speak for myself, but of the four times I was at Nacho's I was more than happy. The first time I didn't do very well but everyone else around me and the other guy on my table did great. The other three times it was my turn and I could not be happier. I'm going back and screen for a week. I think you'll enjoy it and Nacho is a great guy.Father and son playing in the dirt, don't get any better than that.
PS. You guys might also give TJ a call. I had some great digging with him.
Happy Hunting. AL. C

I'll probably be up most of the night working on this inquiry. It would help to know if there is any camping planned or strictly Ramadas ?

sh
we will be spending part of the day seeing the alamo then driving into barksdale looking for a in-exspensive place to stay hotel motel for several days also if there is any creeks or surface areas we could kill some time serching would be great ty for your reply may all your points be whole ones marty

Douglas your funny. I get it.

Marty, you ought to give Nacho a call and ask how it's going down there. He's always been real honest with me. Goods and bads. Good luck and have fun in Texas. That's why it's here.

ty travis i will call and talk with him since its been almost a month since we spoke ty for your time .

Heres a few inputs Marty,
Chrisners pay dig is just a bit SW of Waco [ on your way to San A. ] for 20 bucks each you can explore and surface hunt for 6 hours, its not down to the minute. you'll be there longer. Some Cretacious fossils too.

After the Alamo, you might checkout the river walk, another popular visitor destination.

No camping , fine. Checkout CAMP LIVE OAK in Leakey TX. Right on a good river and has a big midden right on the property. Mgr Butch is flint savvy, see his finds. Contact details on front page under "pay digs"
It's high tourist season in that part of the world, better get you reservations in order to avoid a surprise.
Al from AZ came over to dig a couple of months ago and had to wait til a cabin was vacated. He stayed in Uvalde for a while.

Weather to expect at WEATHER.COM , enter the target city and punch 10 day forecast.

It's bound to be warm and VERY DUSTY. Long pants and comfortable shoes for 8 hours of standing advised.
IF, , It was me,, , I would buy 2 of those cheapie white coolers, put a bag of ice in each and a face cloth or small towel. Good refreshment between bucket loads. AND as a bonus, by the end of the day, each cooler will be filled with genuine midden mud.

FORCE YOURSELF to take pictures as the day unfolds !

If taking a more drect route going home, checkout the D2 paydig to see if they offer anything that interests you.
Located where Rt281 crosses the Brazos just below Mineral Wells TX.

DONT SLOW DOWN, , , , You only have 8 brutal hours.

The more dirt you move, the more you find.

4 Todd + Jr.
These Folks are due to be digging before your trip, maybe they will have something to say that
would apply to your plans.

A good inexpensive place to stay in Campwood is The Woodbine Inn and it is across from a breakfast restuarant and only ten minutes from Nacho's dig...

ty for all the great info from sh and everyone else.my son and i cant thank you enough we will be heading your way in 6days wish us luck as we do you.any other ideas or suggestions also if anyone has been to nachos in the past couple weeks lmk good luck and happy hunting to all

marty