Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
HEAT IN AUSTIN AREA

I am going to the Austin area to dig next week. Just wanting to know from the locals if it is bearable to dig from 6 AM-11AM without getting heatstroke? Thanks- T

Re: HEAT IN AUSTIN AREA

I am in Houston, however I was in the Dripping Springs/Bee Cave area last weekend - 20mins or so west of Austin. I found the heat kicked in at 9:30am. I was surprised how quickly a cool sunrise in the 70s hit the 90s by 9:30am. Others will have weather reports for you I am sure, but moral of the story is please be prepared for a hot sunny day - and wish you great luck.

Staying in the shade is having it made.
There is one other significant factor. . . . if one is finding worked pieces on a
regular basis, you wont even think of the weather.

I will have to agree with you SH, if I am finding points the weather is easy to ignore. What is your overall opinion of Uncle Bill's? Which is a better choice Uncle Bill's or Chrisners? Thanks SH and thanks to all the others who have answered my posting.