Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
FIND OF THE DAY - 5 1/4 INCHES

107* in the shade yesterday, my best find all day.

Photobucket

One more insitu before it evaporates, , , , , ,

Photobucket

BACK STORY : : : :

In the not too crowded Mc's, I was merrily taking pictures, especialy the one of me, trying to get
close to centered.
Just as I finished and was prying the flint out of the cold goo. . . The Manager came over to my table !
Just said " Oh,,Your a photographer " !

I'm sure he and the staff must have thought I was photographing a dead mouse in my food for the
upcomming multi billion dollar lawsuit.

He immediatly backed off when he saw that it was just a gorgeously made, 3 inch, G-9 Uvalde like any other customer might put in their vanila ice cream cone !

Re: FIND OF THE DAY - 5 1/4 INCHES

I'm going to take a wild guess and say you had party at DQ after you found that nice point.

wondering if that icecream arrowhead has a blueish color to it. I have some whith a blue white combination .

That particular one is at the blue / grayish stage.
Its a sun bleached effect indicating it spent some time laying out before being covered. Some can be
almost pure blue with white veins, pends on the flint composition.

In some of the wash down areas below camps ALL the flint is sun burned to a maximum
like the two pure white ones.

Photobucket

Good thing one of the white ones was not slapped in the vanila ice cream !

NOW THATS SCARY !!!!