Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
A Summer Day at TJ's

A few of our better finds at TJ's yesterday. The little Edwards is one of Flickers finds while digging. A group from near Abilene did much metter with at least 6 perfect points.
Waiting for Melvin to post their killer finds, which I won't ruin his moment of glory by giving any hints, except somebody is the proud owner of a 4.5" killer perd in his family.
Sure hated to see that Kinney point broke.

Re: A Summer Day at TJ's

Good deal [ except the Kinney ! ]
How are you folks working it, Little hand digging,
little screening ?
TX heat wave has been a recent topic, you southerners dont even mention it. . . too busy bagging flint ?
That small Flickers a nice find for hand diggin.

Looking forward to see a Perd spear point from the mystery guest. Isnt that something, some of the
creations from that part of the world. !

Tks for the showing

Flicker is the wife's nickname. Long story.
It wasn't too hot out there, around 102 when we left.
Was 108 here today at 3:00pm. Had a little breeze out there yesterday, which was good. There's a layer of ash/soil mix all around the screening digging area, and if we'd had any wind at all, it would have looked like one of those pyro-plastic flows from a volcanic eruption.

Here are the finds from TJ's

Found a new way to clean my boys points. So fast So easy.....

Very nice, that Perd is a show stopper, I like it!

Is that point on the right a drill Or the very rare single barbed Kamikazi sloth slayer ?

Do we have to wait until the patent pending papers are granted on the new flint washing technique
before we find out the process.?
Hope its not an infringement on the golf ball washers !

Tks for the show

that one ear is broke off looks like a really deep notched carrizo point I just threw that one in to see if anyone had one like it. May be a reworked point idk.Now about the super cleaner it is called {The Works}you know toilet bowl cleaner at its best 20% hydrogen chloride. Must have safety glasses and gloves.Use full strength dip the arrowhead wait 34 seconds remove rinse and lightly brush with fiber brush and towel dry. Will foam over if not careful use at your own risk and Keep away from kids.Nor sure about the golf ball washers. Think it would turn them slightly blue.

Well Mel, thats a very effective cleaning process. I was expecting more of a device
that would bolt onto the screening stands or screen table armchairs and insert the flint in a top slot and it would come out the bottom "coin return" slot
like new.
Your process is in the realm of " shall I get my point professionally restored , or not ?? "

Some of the scale accumulation is very hard to impossible for the counterfiters to
duplicate and so the money diggers prefer to leave the scale intact as a good proof of authenticity.
Semi purists like Badger and myself only use a water wash, any scale stays!

In her youth, a certain somebody, who shall remain namess, used to dip her finds in straight muriatic [ swimming pool chemical ]
acid. . . POOF !

Another scale remover that the fossil guys use is vinegar and will remove less chrome off the kitchen taps !
Just to add more confusion to your Carrizo drill. I have a one of a kind, much larger point with a severe VEE shape that was diagnosed by a couple of flint show experts as a Kinney.

Tks for sharing the cleaning process, I may not use it on my flint but I will see
how it does on white wall tires.

since in all i will never sell any of my artifacts i like them clean and i do not have alot of time on my hands so i do everything the fast and easy way. Now later in life when my three sons take my collection over and try to sell them against my will it will serve them right if someone thought they were counterfits. Muriatic acid does make a good mouth wash though after a hard day of digging.