Return to Website

AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Boards

THE MESSAGE BOARD POINT CHATTER IS NOW CLOSED TO ALL NEW POSTS.

WE HAVE MOVED TO THE NEW MESSAGE BOARD AND ALL NEW PICTURES AND POSTS WILL BE THERE FROM 4-16-2014 FORWARD.

THIS BOARD WILL CONTINUE TO BE HERE ONLY FOR INFORMATION AND TO READ / SEE ALL OLD POSTS.

GO TO AUSTINDIGGER.COM  - LOCATE THE LINK FOR POINT CHATTER II
AND LOG IN AND CHAT WITH US AND SHARE YOUR FINDS.
ALL NEW WEBSITE - ALL NEW MESSAGE BOARDS.

WE NOW HAVE PICTURE HOSTING !! LOG IN AND NOW YOU CAN EVEN POST YOUR PICTURES FROM YOUR PHONES - WELCOME TO 2014 HUH 8)

SEE YOU THERE - MICHELLE

Point Chatter - AustinDiggers.com - Arrowhead Message Board
This Forum is Locked
Author
Comment
New to digging want to take son

I have never done this but my son is really interested and wants to try finding some arrowheads. He is fascinated with indian artifacts and history and is 13 years old. Does anyone have any info as to where would be the best place to take him or any tips that might make his trip more enjoyable and/or successful. Please email me at todd.bures@yahoo.com I'm open for any info. thanks

Re: New to digging want to take son

Want to try to set something up for him around July 20 or 21

Bring some girls If his luck chasing arrowheads fails him he can always work on the next best hobby.

Todd, There is another family going digging just before your stated time.
See posting, , HELP WITH INFO PLEASE by MoMarty

What State / county are you starting from ?

In Victoria about 1 1/2 hours south of austin

Mornin Todd, Not many pay dig sites that far south. Just for closeness, the PALMERS DIG may be closest, see info on front page under PAY DIG SITES.
Hand digging may not be too rewarding for first timers. If you can afford it, the screen " digs " need the least amount of effort and tools.

There are people that seriously hunt the coastal beaches and inland for SHELL MIDDENS. Not so much for digging but more of surface hunting for artifacts that might wash out after rain storms.